Just ordered a Matrix GT1000FX

Well I bit the bullet and ordered one! The delivery time says 2 days to the U.S., for those that have ordered one from them is that true? I have some gigs lined up in two weeks and will need time to program I mainly use the Axe with my XTC the 4CM. Im setting up a switching system so that I can switch between the XTC 4CM and straight Axe/matrix to cab. I have to thank Pete Thorn for his demo video. His demos have made me spend a lot of money :lol

Well I bit the bullet and ordered one! The delivery time says 2 days to the U.S., for those that have ordered one from them is that true? I have some gigs lined up in two weeks and will need time to program I mainly use the Axe with my XTC the 4CM. Im setting up a switching system so that I can switch between the XTC 4CM and straight Axe/matrix to cab. I have to thank Pete Thorn for his demo video. His demos have made me spend a lot of money :lol

Isn't it funny how that guy can have that effect on people??? :lol

I'm close to getting an Axe II and I'm already thinking about my next monitoring system. I'm torn between going powered FR cab (RCF, CLR, CRF) maybe XiTone I want to hear about measurement data first. Or power amp (Matrix for sure) and passive FR cab which is the way I have been doing it for the last few years. I did have a pair of 112 V30 cabs but I have moved on from that type of speaker and I'm 100% confident that I'm going FR where the Axe is concerned. For now all I'm left with are my old M-audio Bx8a studio monitors which are ok but not that great.

Last edited:
I have to say customer service from Matrix Is great they called to assure me that I will get my unit with plenty of time to program it..

Isn't it funny how that guy can have that effect on people??? :lol

I'm close to getting an Axe II and I'm already thinking about my next monitoring system. I'm torn between going powered FR cab (RCF, CLR, CRF) maybe XiTone I want to hear about measurement data first. Or power amp (Matrix for sure) and passive FR cab which is the way I have been doing it for the last few years. I did have a pair of 112 V30 cabs but I have moved on from that type of speaker and I'm 100% confident that I'm going FR where the Axe is concerned. For now all I'm left with are my old M-audio Bx8a studio monitors which are ok but not that great.

Cause of Pete's demos I also have over half a dozen Scumback speakers in various configurations!!!

I never had a standard or an ultra. I was lucky I was on the fence about getting one and the II came out and I jumped on it. I've never tried FR in band situation only running through my monitors Berhinger Truths. I don't think I'm ready to give up tube amps and cabs yet. But, I'm really excited about mixing the two and getting some great new sounds.

Today for the first time I tried go FRFR on V7 firmware, with my Yamaha MSP10s and MSP5s at my studio ,and really... the sound is so nice..I think now seriously to get some RCF active speakers and try them out in the loud band situation...

Today for the first time I tried go FRFR on V7 firmware, with my Yamaha MSP10s and MSP5s at my studio ,and really... the sound is so nice..I think now seriously to get some RCF active speakers and try them out in the loud band situation...

I think you will like the results.

Cause of Pete's demos I also have over half a dozen Scumback speakers in various configurations!!!

I never had a standard or an ultra. I was lucky I was on the fence about getting one and the II came out and I jumped on it. I've never tried FR in band situation only running through my monitors Berhinger Truths. I don't think I'm ready to give up tube amps and cabs yet. But, I'm really excited about mixing the two and getting some great new sounds.

Ha, I have a buddy that watches his demos and he bought a Scumback or two.

When I first ran a Standard It took me a wile to move over to FR because I was so used to hearing a cab behind me. I ran guitar cabs with the Axe for almost a year before I gave FR a serous shot. After I realized I didn't need a guitar cab I never looked back. I think you might be surprised at how well it works, for me working with FR (given the right solution) was how refined the stage mix became. I could not only hear myself but I could hear everyone else as well, it was so worth it.

Back
Top Bottom