Just one small wish using the Axe FX II

I'm not sure, but I couldn't be the only one thinking this.... You can correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be awesome if the firmware upgrades didn't matter? Let me explain.. Starting around Firmware 7 for the Axe FX II there have been some just INCREDIBLE presets and owner presets that I wish you could still have no matter what firmware you have currently. I'm the kind of person who ALWAYS grabs the new firmware so I can keep updating my system. Only one problem, After installing the latest firmware, you can't go back and lets say grab a owner preset if it is firmware 9 related and you're running 19. Thus my little wish. In the future I hope the brilliant people of fractal audio can let us go back and grab something we missed from a previous firmware and it would load to your current firmware no matter what with the same tone the user intended. Yes, I realize it's a BIG wish at this point, But wouldn't that rock! LOL.. Peace.. Decap... :encouragement:

Was discussed endlessly back between 7-10, it not possible.

IMHO you really need to learn your way around your presets and just revamp them to the latest software version. maybe you do and don't want to, not trying to
burst your bubble

I'm not sure what you want would be possible

Trust me, at this point, I know my way around presets and trying to make them sound exactly the same with new firmware. But it doesn't work very well. But that wasn't really what I was trying to say. I'm talking about presets that went under your radar very early on and you would like to go grab some and jam out. Running firmware 19 and wanting to jam to a firmware 9 user preset can't be done and it's just a little bit of a bummer. And I believe you are correct, it isn't possible thus making it my little or "BIG" wish. lol..

I wish I could grow feathers and fly, it's just as impossible.

I'm not sure, but I couldn't be the only one thinking this.... You can correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be awesome if the firmware upgrades didn't matter? Let me explain.. Starting around Firmware 7 for the Axe FX II there have been some just INCREDIBLE presets and owner presets that I wish you could still have no matter what firmware you have currently. I'm the kind of person who ALWAYS grabs the new firmware so I can keep updating my system. Only one problem, After installing the latest firmware, you can't go back and lets say grab a owner preset if it is firmware 9 related and you're running 19. Thus my little wish. In the future I hope the brilliant people of fractal audio can let us go back and grab something we missed from a previous firmware and it would load to your current firmware no matter what with the same tone the user intended. Yes, I realize it's a BIG wish at this point, But wouldn't that rock! LOL.. Peace.. Decap... :encouragement:

Unfortunately you only have three options... 1, avoid major Firmware updates 2, wait for the II to become a mature product! No more firmware updates and no more having to retune you presets! and 3, buy an Ultra :(! It's nice wish man, but the reality is it's just part of the deal.

Unfortunately you only have three options... 1, avoid major Firmware updates 2, wait for the II to become a mature product! No more firmware updates and no more having to retune you presets! and 3, buy an Ultra :(! It's nice wish man, but the reality is it's just part of the deal.

Trust me, I get it. It was just a passing wish I was sharing with my fellow fractal owners...

I don't know-I have been here for a long time-Ultra thru the XL+ and I have no problems updating a patch I really like. Unless I am misunderstanding the issue.

Not sayin I get an exact match-but that's not what my music playing is all about. Just me-

I don't know-I have been here for a long time-Ultra thru the XL+ and I have no problems updating a patch I really like. Unless I am misunderstanding the issue.

Not sayin I get an exact match-but that's not what my music playing is all about. Just me-

No issue, just a passing wish. Having an all in one fractal unit that saves firmware updates and your favorite user or fractal presets is just a awesome thought. Can you imagine turning on your Axe FX II for example, going into the Utility function and scrolling through all your saved firmware updates and picking one for the day. Just scroll down and highlight Firmware 7, hit enter to load, turn off your unit for 5 seconds, turn it back on and BOOM! There it is, Firmware 7 with all your saved tones untouched through the years. Hey, no harm in dreaming. LOL.

I wish that when I stepped on my lead scene that that My Axe FX 2 could fire unicorns and rainbows from the display. But hey, I have super vivid dreams... :D

I get the ask, but it's not something I'd want. While those presets back on those firmwares were great, the current firmware is so fantastic I don't yearn at all for those old presets. There are so many IRs and so many new presets and amps and such, I'd prefer to put the memory I have towards the latest stuff.

Not dissin' the wish - just commenting it wouldn't be something I'd want :)

Back
Top Bottom