just had a few words to say to " chucklehead" lol

Oh yeah? ooh yeah???

guess who's also a chucklehead????

me! I'm a chucklehead too! chuckchuckchuckchuckchuckchuckchuckchuckCHUCKLEHEADPHONE!!!

Chuck "chucklehead" berrys, the list goes on.

Hmm, professional or non-professional; I like honest people.
And, let's be honest: I'd rather have a musician design a product for musicians than some random technician who has now clue about music. And isn't insulting random people part of the rock'n'roll spirit anyway? ;)

Also, how often do you see a company where the mastermind of the product himself answers your questions directly?

Besides, blocking domain names just for the sake of being a dick doesn't really need a kind response.

And Cliff is just a guy! He's a human being. ... Would you rather he'd be less human, less passionate, less open or less communicative?

I agree. But that is the argument for everyone of us. For the "chucklehead" too.
Cliff also represents his company and his statements can make the image of the company and affinity to the brand stronger (direct communication in forum, help users in some issues, etc.). The bad style makes the opposite.

And I would rather he and all of us would be simply polite as a waste rest of us on the forum who bought his product and want to participate in the axe-community.

Hmm, professional or non-professional; I like honest people.
And, let's be honest: I'd rather have a musician design a product for musicians than some random technician who has now clue about music. And isn't insulting random people part of the rock'n'roll spirit anyway? ;)

Also, how often do you see a company where the mastermind of the product himself answers your questions directly?

Besides, blocking domain names just for the sake of being a dick doesn't really need a kind response.

I like honest people too, but I hope that you can agree with me, that it is better that I try to give you a argued answer instead to call you <some_random_swearword>?

OK, the argument of rock and roll and insultion ... I obvious need a time to develop my personality in this direction, sorry.

A lot of small companies today act like this: I did not need to contact many of them, but have direct contact and good experience also with RJM, Suhr, ...

I like honest people too, but I hope that you can agree with me, that it is better that I try to give you a argued answer instead to call you <some_random_swearword>?

OK, the argument of rock and roll and insultion ... I obvious need a time to develop my personality in this direction, sorry.
Ah, come on, that was just a joke, okay? ;)
It's the same as saying "taking drugs is part of being a musician".

A lot of small companies today act like this: I did not need to contact many of them, but have direct contact and good experience also with RJM, Suhr, ...
Well, just because there are other companies doing that doesn't mean it's any less worth.

I'm not defending Cliff's answer to this guy in any way (In fact, when I bought the Axe and read the email I received from G66 [And yes, I know that G66 is not related to Fractal in any way], I was thinking that it was highly unprofessional, especially as there were some misspellings in it that simply should not happen by a company that I just sent 3000€ to), but the fact remains that this guy:

1) is obviously not giving a serious review of a product, because reviewing is not just making guesses and assumptions based on nothing and pointing out weaknesses without also talking about the strengths of a product
2) is showing dick-behaviour by blocking a domain name he clearly has no use for
3) is doing wrong quotations (check his website! He posted an image of FractalAudio answering to his "not manufactured in US" assumption and simply cut out the important piece of the image where its stated that it's "Made in US".)

All I'm saying is: What goes around, comes around.
I don't have the background on this whole story, but I refuse to believe FractalAudio was insulting him without any provocation on "chuckles" side.

On a side note; I know the feeling when someone is bashing one of your accomplishments for no real reason. I invested 3 years of my freetime into a free piece of software and still had some dicks making totally biased reviews on it [luckily, the community showed those guys what they thought of them before I could react anyway]. So I know that this can be a pretty enraging thing that is hard to swallow. Surely this is not the same if you do this professionally and make money with a product, but still it shouldn't be any less frustrating.

Last edited:
Why should I spend my time watching someone else bash a product that I enjoy?

Why do you feel the need to bash him over a product that he doesn't like?

i contacted him after watching his video and recommended that he try the axe fx and he wrote me that reply...did you not read it?

Personally, I like Cliff's direct interaction here in the forum. In my short time as a member here I've seen him help with all manner of things for people which is brilliant. Long may it continue, regardless if the feathers of a few chuckleheads get ruffled as a result.

exactly, I like the way that he tells it as it is... no buttering it up.... its called being real I think... I respect that more even if it happened I didn't agree with some stuff at times...

well, regardless, you'll have to wait...so whats the point even beating a dead horse? lol

It is not about me. I do not need AxeEdit actually ...
Beating dead horse could be called a thread opend about somebody that posted negative feedback months/years? ago ...

He's squatting on our UK domain name and refuses to relinquish it. We politely asked him and he was a dick about it. Then he posted his "review" which was nothing but a hit piece. So I called him a chucklehead. He got offended. I think chucklehead has a different meaning over there.

I'm in / from the UK, and to my knowledge, being called a 'chucklehead' is no different than being called a 'cheeky scamp' or somesuch. so IMO it's barely an insult at all. The guy's probably just one of those touchy, sensitive types.

True but think this over...

You've invested an enormous lot of time, money and effort in designing a state-of-the-art product.

Now someone, who presents himself to the world as an authority, reviews your product, clearly doesn't know how to configure the device, clearly states facts wrong, clearly makes wrong assumptions, clearly misleads his viewers.

Also, this same guy quickly has registered your unique company name to claim a domain with the same name in his country, for unknown reasons.

I think you'd be less than thrilled by his behavior and be entitled to be outspoken about it.

Also take note that this guy now writes on his site that all forum members here are chimps, that he has been the victim of racist remarks (?), etc. etc. It's a bit sad.

You've invested an enormous lot of time, money and effort in designing a state-of-the-art product.

Now someone, who presents himself to the world as an authority, reviews your product, clearly doesn't know how to configure the device, clearly states facts wrong, clearly makes wrong assumptions, clearly misleads his viewers.

Also, this same guy quickly has registered your unique company name to claim a domain with the same name in his country, for unknown reasons.

I think you'd be less than thrilled by his behavior and be entitled to be outspoken about it.

Also take note that this guy now writes on his site that all forum members here are chimps, that he has been the victim of racist remarks (?), etc. etc. It's a bit sad.
^This!
+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000..........infinity.

I can understand the portion of emotion when somebody criticize your work - I experienced those things in my life too.
But, at first, you see who it is coming from - and if you know this person have not the credibility (experience, knowledge, skills etc.) - than that can not really hurt you.
At the second, if you made the great product and achieve something in your life as Cliff does, you really do not need to be rude.
To be polite and keep culm in such a conflict situation shows your self confidence and strength.

... On a side note; I know the feeling when someone is bashing one of your accomplishments for no real reason. I invested 3 years of my freetime into a free piece of software and still had some dicks making totally biased reviews on it [luckily, the community showed those guys what they thought of them before I could react anyway]. So I know that this can be a pretty enraging thing that is hard to swallow. Surely this is not the same if you do this professionally and make money with a product, but still it shouldn't be any less frustrating.

Ohhh ...so your the guy working on Axe Edit.
mob-smiley.gif
... Get'em fellow chuckleheads!! :razz:lol

Sounds like a feeble attempt to stem the Fractal tide. Why else would you register a domain and sit on it.

I never pay attention to "professional" critics. How many movies you watched and loved and they rated them "2 thumbs down"???

This guy is anything but an impartial critic. It takes brains to work the Axe...

Back
Top Bottom