Just got the Axe-Fx 3 today WOW! and a MIDI question

RobMFX

Just got the AXE3 today and WOW. Its everything the AXE2 was and more, cant wait to really get into it. Just downloaded AXE-EDIT III. Heres my question. I am using my BOSS GT-100 as a MIDI controller and it seems to automatically change patches which is nice. Does anyone here know how I can A) get the wah to work with the AXE3 and B) change scenes? Thanks for any advice. Im so happy I made this purchase!!!

Last edited:
Going from memory:
A) Go into Setup...Midi/Remote...External Control 1(or whichever External Control you want to use) and assign a CC # you want to use for the wah. Then click on the wah block your preset and select the External Controller you just setup and configure it accordingly.
B) Go into Setup...Midi/Remote...Other and set the CC# for scene select you want to use. Then you assign your GT footswitches a value to send out using that CC# (0-7 representing scenes 1 through 8).

Going from memory:
A) Go into Setup...Midi/Remote...External Control 1(or whichever External Control you want to use) and assign a CC # you want to use for the wah. Then click on the wah block your preset and select the External Controller you just setup and configure it accordingly.
B) Go into Setup...Midi/Remote...Other and set the CC# for scene select you want to use. Then you assign your GT footswitches a value to send out using that CC# (0-7 representing scenes 1 through 8).

Trying to follow this really confused right now. Thanks for the help here guys.

Ok somehow I seemed to get the wah to work BUT its always on. On the GT100, the wah has a switch that turns on and off when you step on it I think I somehow need to make that a MIDI instruction too.

Ok somehow I seemed to get the wah to work BUT its always on. On the GT100, the wah has a switch that turns on and off when you step on it I think I somehow need to make that a MIDI instruction too.
Check out the section of the manual about auto engage controllers. You won't need a switch ;)

Back
Top Bottom