Just got my FM-9 Turbo!

metalgarth

Inspired
So far, I am really pleased with it. I'm upgrading from an FM-3 and an Axe Fx II so I know "the landscape" well. I'm impressed at how fast you can switch between a clean scene and a high gain scene in a preset by using 2 amp blocks. The FM-3 couldn't do it, but the FM-9 can do it as fast as stomping a Boss pedal. So far all I have set up is one custom preset with FAS Modern as the hi gain amp and CA3+ Clean for the clean channel. For a crunch tone, I'm just adding the SUPER OD model in front of the CA3+. For a floor based FX processor I think this one is light years ahead of anything by Line 6, Kemper or HeadRush. I'm going to hang onto my Boss GT-1000 though, because it does "the 4 cable method" perfectly with my Marshall JVM and really takes external pedals well.

So far, I am really pleased with it. I'm upgrading from an FM-3 and an Axe Fx II so I know "the landscape" well. I'm impressed at how fast you can switch between a clean scene and a high gain scene in a preset by using 2 amp blocks. The FM-3 couldn't do it, but the FM-9 can do it as fast as stomping a Boss pedal. So far all I have set up is one custom preset with FAS Modern as the hi gain amp and CA3+ Clean for the clean channel. For a crunch tone, I'm just adding the SUPER OD model in front of the CA3+. For a floor based FX processor I think this one is light years ahead of anything by Line 6, Kemper or HeadRush. I'm going to hang onto my Boss GT-1000 though, because it does "the 4 cable method" perfectly with my Marshall JVM and really takes external pedals well.
clean to high gain switching sounds amazing. the fm3 has just a little hiccup in it. Is running the two amp blocks nearly seamless? I can hardly wait but will have to!!! LOL

Is running the two amp blocks nearly seamless?
it should be completely seamless, as you're just muting and unmuting blocks that are already loaded.

just have to make sure that a Channel isn't changing at the same time, or it's a similar, very short gap. this usually happens with Scene changes to get other sounds. but if you can park both amp blocks on a channel and never change it, just muting and unmuting, there's no gap.

Very happy for you! Awesome!!!

So does your FM9. But you'll find that out. :p
That could be the case. But one thing I noticed is that the Boss GT-1000 does channel relay switching while the FM-9 does not. Just one of those things I guess. Not a deal breaker but when playing on a "borrowed" amp that does standard channel switching its nice to have that feature.

That could be the case. But one thing I noticed is that the Boss GT-1000 does channel relay switching while the FM-9 does not. Just one of those things I guess. Not a deal breaker but when playing on a "borrowed" amp that does standard channel switching its nice to have that feature.
Understood.

Back
Top Bottom