Just got my Axe-Fx, What Sorcery is Inside this Thing?

johnrobbfl

Inspired
I just got my Axe-Fx today, powered it up, updated the firmware, plugged in my PRS, connected my small JBL 305 studio monitors and selected the Friedman HBE preset.

What type of sorcery is packed into this box, because it can't be made by mortals...

I seriously am at a loss for words, it's possibly the best sounding high-gain tone I've ever heard - and through 5" powered studio monitors.

Unbelievable!!

Thanks - John

I just got my Axe-Fx today, powered it up, updated the firmware, plugged in my PRS, connected my small JBL 305 studio monitors and selected the Friedman HBE preset.

What type of sorcery is packed into this box, because it can't be made by mortals...

I seriously am at a loss for words, it's possibly the best sounding high-gain tone I've ever heard - and through 5" powered studio monitors.

Unbelievable!!

Thanks - John

Ha, Welcome in. Wait until you put it through something that can put out some SPL... The smile on your face will be priceless :mrgreen.

It's all done by Potter. Harry Potter ;)

Welcome. Just finished 3 hours of joy. Try the CAE and Bogner too. And all the others.
I was all about high gain, but all the models are so good that i like D-types and clean too now :D

The day my unit arrived, I spent a full night rocking through the presets with a big silly grin on my face. Another really fantastic moment was my first full-band rehearsal with the AxeFX. My bandmates were impressed with the tone and depth. I told them it was alien technology, which is why Fractal has a crop circle as their logo.

I was told that when the gods fought the titans and won they punished the titans by imprisoning them within the axe fx. Its greek mythology but when you really get great tone myth becomes reality.:eek:

Unbelievable!!

Thanks - John

With great power comes great responsibility! Use it for good and not for evil, unless you play in a Death Metal band!

Ha, Welcome in. Wait until you put it through something that can put out some SPL... The smile on your face will be priceless :mrgreen.

It's all done by Potter. Harry Potter ;)

Welcome. Just finished 3 hours of joy. Try the CAE and Bogner too. And all the others.
I was all about high gain, but all the models are so good that i like D-types and clean too now :D

I was playing with it last night and found some of the nicest clean and ambient tones possible.

Hi John, welcome to the family. You will find the coolest people In here, who are always ready to help you with the magic box. I am just a bedroom player/recorder and am constantly blown away by what this thing does. I am still a noob at it, as all I really do is turn it on, maybe tweak one of my favourite presets or a patch that some generous soul has posted (still loving the VH F.U.C.K. Patch) and play away. Then comes the wonderful updates that Cliff and Co. grace us with. Since I have no band responsibilities, I just update firmware/patches and start all over again. It's like Christmas, every time.

I come from a very long history of bad tone and not knowing any better (only tube amp I ever got around to buying was a Line 6 spidervalve HD100, which I still have but never use). Before that was all just crappy worn out amps and bad modellers (the best before my Axe was the Line 6 pod) So I think I am blown away more than most. Very many in here have owned the creams of the crop of various amps and love the Axe, so I know I am in the right place.

You will love it here.........

My entire first night with the Axe was spent with the AC-15, which I just couldn't stop playing. Still can't....paired with an Ultra Rez Alnico Blue cabinet for cleans it's just killer.

According to the fine print, Cliff casts a spell from his book of shadows on every purchase. The reason there is always a backorder is because this chant can only be done on the waxing moon.

Creativity Spell

Powers of air, of beginnings and light
Descend upon me and bless this rite
Send to me the power to know
And let my creativity grow

Spirits of the muses nine
Let inspiration soon be mine
Fill my head and let me be
A wealth of creativity

Blessed Be

Back
Top Bottom