Just got my Axe-Fx 3, need help with external audio interface

coffee01

Hi everyone,

I've got a NI Komplete Audio 6 interface that I've been using via usb switcher that goes between a Mac and PC. I have FRFRs hooked up to the interface. This allows me to choose whether to have the speaker play audio from the Mac or the PC (one at a time). I'd like to keep that functionality, but add in the FX3 somehow. I'd like to have a volume control on the FX3 for my guitar, and volume knob on the NI interface to control the computer volume.

I tried plugin my FRFRs to the FX3 (output 1) and that works for guitar sounds but how would I connect the NI interface to the FX3 to "pass through" the audio?

well, the ni komplete has 4 audio inputs. if you want to plug the speakers into it, use one input for the mac and one for the pc and one for the fm3.

there are at least 12 other ways to route this depending on what you’re trying to achieve

You could also get a patch bay and/or dedicated outboard mixer to help out with some of this. I love having a patch bay in my setup.

Not my final setup, but I've got the FRFRs connected to my Audio 6 and output 2 from the axe going into input 1& 2 in the Audio 6.

If I set the output block of a preset on the axe to Out 2, I get sound going into the Audio 6. If I set it to Out 1 and then in the Axe setup set "Output 2 copy output 1" to on, I do not get sound. I am following the instructions on page 25 of the manual.

Any ideas why "Output 2 copy Output 1" set to "on" wouldn't work?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom