Just got my Axe Fx 2! Awesome tones!

Carl Roa

Hi Folks,

After meeting Matt and Cliff and the NY Amp Show and getting a whirlwind tour of the Axe Fx 2, I knew I had to have one! Despite the hurricane aftermath, I've been able to put some time in with the unit this week. What an incredible piece of gear ... amp tones and effects sound awesome. Will be using Axe 2 both in the studio for recording and as a central unit for my live rig.

Clips and videos coming soon ... :p

Carl

Can't wait for the clips, i really enjoy your playing.

Thanks Rick, much appreciated. Will be using the Axe Fx 2 for recording on my forthcoming album, and also for live playing. Very excited about the new ground Fractal has covered here. Was not impressed with previous "amp modeling" units, and Fractal is the first to really nail real amp tones and excellent sounding effects. The technology they have unleashed here will go a long way to enhancing the creative process!

Oh, great to have you join the party carl! :) I love your stuff, can't wait to see what you have coming on the album :D

Hey Carl
Congratulations! On the AF II
I was hanging with Sal T. & Steve S. last week, Steve was telling me that you were going crazy waiting for the AF II. He read some of the text you sent him (funny stuff!)
Amazing what gear does to us when we have to wait. Been there several times

So how long before, you ditch your back line and just use the AF II?? :mrgreen:mrgreen
Well maybe, a FRFR system of some sort.:eek:
It can happen:lol

John

Hey Carl
Congratulations! On the AF II
I was hanging with Sal T. & Steve S. last week, Steve was telling me that you were going crazy waiting for the AF II. He read some of the text you sent him (funny stuff!)
Amazing what gear does to us when we have to wait. Been there several times

So how long before, you ditch your back line and just use the AF II?? :mrgreen:mrgreen
Well maybe, a FRFR system of some sort.:eek:
It can happen:lol

John

Ha! Steve is one of the first guys to hip me to the Fractal stuff. Told him how I got to check out the AF2, and how I would be getting one. Steve is a real gear hog! So love to rile him up when possible!

I will be using the AF2 live at the next jam gig at Ziggy's in Massapequa this Tuesday. Will be going straight to the PA. You're welcome to come down!

Good to see another Long Island Axe-Fx user! What are you running the Axe-Fx into?

I have two Mackie Thump powered monitors here. Been working with them to dial in some initial patches. I have yet to run the AF2 via USB into the MAC. (That's coming soon.) Most gigs I play have sound systems, so I am intending on running straight to the board. I am also looking at some EV monitors for myself on stage. The Out 1 and 2 on the back of the AF 2 is a very nice feature. Hope to take advantage of that option.

Last edited:
Hey Carl, nice. Welcome to the party! :0)

Thanks Larry! Travis Larson told me he did some gigs with you on his recent summer tour, and that you and your Axe Fx 2 sounded awesome. (TLB did a couple of dates with my band this summer) Hope we can hook up some time and do some playing.

Hi Carl, yeah, Teavis told me about you guys doing shows together. I'm about to do a nice run of shows with TLB starting sept 13th northern Cali to san Diego. Should be a blast and Travis is thinking about getting and axe fx II! It would be great to do some shows together. Lets make it happen.

Larry

Very cool Carl,welcome to the forum bro looking forward to those clips...
Next up,Balducci..lol
Richb

Back
Top Bottom