Just got my Axe 2! couple of questions or maybe just one for now

trock

Inspired
I have the standard hooked up to my MAC and i use what i think is the latest AXE Edit (works really well) for it.

do i need to delete this AXE edit and re download another one for the 2? i am not sure yet what firmware this unit is on yet as its not EVEN PLUGGED IN !

but it will be soon. that being said i am ditching my old midi connections and just going with the USB so i guess my questions are

1) i will load the USB drivers first, then plug and turn the unit on? or can i plug it in first and then load drivers followed by a reboot?
2) see above, but can i just use the Axe edit i have now? or delete it and re download it once the axe 2 is up and running on USB?
3) is upgrading the 2 alot easier? thru USB? i didnt' have alot of problems with the midi card i had on the standard but i ran into the typical issues here and there and always had to restart etc etc

thanks for any help!

i alos got a new PRS 513 and i soooooo cannot wait to dig into the 2!!

thanks!

Always a good idea to load drivers first, then plug in USB.

In Axe-edit, you set which Axe device you are using, Standard, Ultra or II, as well as Midi in and Out via USB) Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of Axe-edit, because older versions are do not have the features to match the latest firmware. Also, read the Axe-edit forum to learn about any bugs that may affect communication between Axe and Edit.

You need to set up a folder to store backup, patches for Axe-Manage too. Firmware update is much easier via USB, and you can very easily backup banks and load new ones. ALWAYS SAVE YOU PATCHES - takes about five minutes to save them.

Ah, thank you so much

i don't have any patches i need to back up right now. which is nice

also do the banks come pre installed on the axe? or do i need to download those as well? on the standard i always had to select say BANK A from the file on the MAC

sweet!

cannot wait. so i am going to

install USB drivers
download the latest Axe edit and install
plug it in and turn it on USb
cable the 2 balanced cables to my N12 mixer
rock it into cubase direct!

Back
Top Bottom