Just got Axe Fx 2 need midi help using HD500x

Be patient when you figure it out it will work pretty well. the pod makes a good floor board for the first 64 presets, gets a little tricky after 64. forgot to ask are you using axe II mark or XL? sent PM!

I have the wah working again ( I had to go into Axe Edit and make sure the wah control was set for external 4) and it shuts off when the wah pedal is in the full heel positon. Thats fine but Id prefer to be able to click it on and off. I also have FS1 on the line6 controlling the delay on/off. The only thing with that is no matter what I do, when I switch to another preset and then come back the delay is always on by default and I cant figure out why.

if you want the delay off by default you have to save it off in the axe.(bypass it in scene 1 and save, then will allways be bypassed when preset is selected unless the switch making the patch change is also sending the delay bypass cc#.for the wahwa to turn it on and off with toe switch you must turn off the auto engage in the axe control modifier page, then in the pod set toe switch for channel 1 toe switch cc toggle (then the cc# for wahwa bypass) the tricky part is getting the wahwa bypass insinc so it is pypassed when exp is on the one you are using for volume and engaged when the exp for the wahwa is on.

if you want the delay off by default you have to save it off in the axe.(bypass it in scene 1 and save, then will always be bypassed when preset is selected unless the switch making the patch change is also sending the delay bypass cc#.for the wahwa to turn it on and off with toe switch you must turn off the auto engage in the axe control modifier page, then in the pod set toe switch for channel 1 toe switch cc toggle (then the cc# for wahwa bypass) the tricky part is getting the wahwa bypass insinc so it is bypassed when exp is on the one you are using for volume and engaged when the exp for the wahwa is on.

How do I get to the axe control modifier page?

Did you set wah control source to Ext Ctrl 4 in preset 2? Modifiers are configured per preset on the Axe.

Yup....I just realized thats what I had to do. The way its set up now is that the in the axe control modifier page its set BOTH for EXT CTRL 4 (16) and WAHWAH BYP (97) and in Axe Edit the wah control is set for EXT 4. I dont fully understand all of this but it seems to work.

These are the two things that are left that I just cant figure out:

1) The delay is set on by default and I cant change it even if I save the patch with it off
2) The lights on the switches on the HD500x work the opposite way and I cant figure that out either.....they are on when the effect is off. I want it to be on when the effect is on.

Last edited:
for #1 I don't know why it wont stay bypassed on default when saved bypassed in scene 1 tried that myself and it worked(unless you have the cc# for delay bypass sending with your patch change command).as for #2 the lights will only work the way you set them to work with a pod patch not using it as midi controller (to make this work it has to have a simulated patch in the pod that makes the lights function the way you want them) if you have made a simulated patch and need to switch the state of the effect to match up with the light high light that effect with light on and toggle the bypass and then save that should change when the light is on.

This might be whats happening but how do I know?

In the midi controls(pod) make sure there are no midi commands added to the switch(or switches) that activates the patch change(the pod factory preset switches will make preset changes by default with out those switches having a command in the pod edit controller page)should be no sends on fs5,6,7,8.(pod)

Hey guys I think everything FINALLY works now the way it should. Thanks again for all your help!!! This is a great forum and Im sure I will have other questions as I get further in to the Axe Fx.

Last edited:
Hey again everything is working great but I am trying to get the Looper button on the HD500x to toggle on/off the tuner on the Axe and cant figure it out any suggestions??

why not use the tuner button? it will turn the axe tuner and pod tuner on at the same time. save the looper button for your lopper controls. the looper button is just like the others with the cc commands it can turn on the tuner, but it also takes the pod out of preset mode when you step on it so when you first step on it the first time you get what you programed but then the other switches will be screwy when in looper mode. not sure about getting it back when switching out of looper mode when using for things other then looper.

Back
Top Bottom