Just got AF3. Question about global settings?

j20056

My use case is studio work with stereo monitors but also a Boogie MarkV:25 which I plan to wire via 4 cable method. I think as long as I do not put any power amps or cabs in the signal chain that goes back to the MarkV power amp, I should be ok right? I do not want to use the global settings as my setup is wet/dry/wet and the MarkV is dry in the middle with its own cab, and the AF3 is creating the stereo wet signals. Is the global setting mostly to affect ALL presets for someone who goes from studio to live with a guitar amp and cab and no FOH or no FRFR? I think I will never use it in a studio setup like above but wanted to confirm

The wiki might address this question in depth or somebody else more knowledgeable will chime in, I can't speak to common practice on the global preferences. Seems to me that if I'm doing full four cable method, it's just a matter of not putting amps and cabs in the chain[.]

[edit: The question mark of doubt seems to have been unnecessary. ;-) ]

Last edited:
I was talking about the amp and cab OFF global setting. I think I don’t need it. I read the manual about 4CM and it confirms to just not use an amp or cab block.

I was talking about the amp and cab OFF global setting. I think I don’t need it. I read the manual about 4CM and it confirms to just not use an amp or cab block.
correct. the amp option specifically turns off the Power Amp part of the Amp block, not the entire Amp. the Cab option does disable any Cab blocks regardless if they appear on.

if you have no Amp or Cab in the preset, these options don't do anything, so yes, you can leave them to any setting if you have no Amp or Cab block in any preset you use.

Back
Top Bottom