Just finished mixing this thing (metal)

Hey Axefx users. It's already been a year since I bought my axefx ultra and I must say I don't regret every cent I spent on it! This thing is just incredible. I've still quite struggled a lot to find a nice heavy guitar sound, and even more to mix it afterwards. And here's what I came up with, this is a mix which took me 3 to 4 months. I was wondering what you were all thinking of it, and what you thought could be improved.

Here's the soundcloud page:
And the soundclick page: SoundClick artist: SamDHyde - page with MP3 music downloads

If you like what you hear and want to hear more, or are just willing to show me some support (why not? :p), here my facebook page, which you can go like: https://www.facebook.com/s4mdhyde

See you all, and thanks in advance :)

very cool, I do however find this genre a bit redundant, I like the speed up part, maybe some other interlude or scale oriented riffs. again if its the genre you are going for you nailed it.

Thanks a lot guys! Well I'm not really about the genre I'm going for, as I've got some other songs which are really different from this one :/ I just tend to compose what comes to my head, and only stops when I'm satisfied with the result I get. I found this song perfect for a prelude to the EP I want to release as it combines my main influences, fast melodic parts and more technical and heavy ones, with always a gloomy athmosphere and omniprescence of both violence and hope in some way (I'm not sure if I make myself clear here x) ). Anyway, thanks a lot for the kind words! I'll post new stuff soon, so you'll have an idea of what I'm talking about ahah

I would if I had any midi audio interface x) I'm still using my old Toneport UX1 to plug the axe into my pc. I'm thinking about buying a Tascam US1800, any opinions?

I have 4 different midi interfaces ranging in price from US 15.00 to about US 75.00. They all work without issue though I use my Midisport 2x2 mostly since I need more than a single port. Just about any midi interface will work - I think if you look through the wiki you'll find the ones that don't work...

Yeah, I just bought the Tascam yesterday, after looking over the net for reviews or advices. Couldn't find any constructive ones, as each alternatives proposed also had bad sides :( I'll upload the patch as soon as I recieve the interface ^^

Back
Top Bottom