Just discovering the Diezels

ptgold

Inspired
The VH4 ch 3 and the Herbert ch 2+ have been quite the discovery for me. These two models are extremely similar and the only difference im noticing is the feel.

The Diezels seem to have everything I love about the SLO model but are much much easier to dial in. The problem with the SLO is that its super finicky about IRs and tone settings to get the tone I love about it. However, with the Diezels its super easy to get that same tone. They sound great with the tone controls at noon and work well with alot of the IRs ive tried. So if you like that smooth high gain SLO thing you might just like these Diezel models

They are different, however The Diezels being so versatile, I found I could do the same thing with them as with the SLO

I've been loving the VH-4 model since I first got my Ultra. That and the Herbert are two of my favorite amps.

The Dietzel amp manuals and I think the Herbert too have lots of great suggestions for the different channels to dial in tones, very helpful. A very cool amp. Weezer anyone? :)

Diesel are amazing, my go to amp before my axe.

The diezels are far different from the SLO ! An slo is likea mesa , a diezel is like a marshall.

Really? As I have played an SLO100 through a Sol cab, I've always felt they sounded unique. Less high end and more high mids than a marshall.

The Dizzy 3 and 4 seem original, too, the 4 in particular similar to a 5150, but more latent gain and more headroom in response. I suppose the Hebie 2 is somewhat like an orange vintage recto..... The Herbie 3 is perhaps parallel to a Mesa - emphasized lows and reduced highs - yet again far more headroom. It doesn't 'clank'.

Really? As I have played an SLO100 through a Sol cab, I've always felt they sounded unique. Less high end and more high mids than a marshall.

The Dizzy 3 and 4 seem original, too, the 4 in particular similar to a 5150, but more latent gain and more headroom in response. I suppose the Hebie 2 is somewhat like an orange vintage recto..... The Herbie 3 is perhaps parallel to a Mesa - emphasized lows and reduced highs - yet again far more headroom. It doesn't 'clank'.

Well I am familiar with the guts of both amps. When I had eight high gain heads I modded them all to my liking I know my way around a guitar amp.

The SLO Is the topology that mesa copied. The VH4 is a modded marshall, search for pics of the first one ever. It IS a marshall.

You may be able to dial in t he eq similarly but the gain structure are very different and without internal mods will never sound the same.

The VH4 is a modded marshall, search for pics of the first one ever. It IS a marshall.
before building fantastic amps, Mr. Diezel actually modded Marshalls (and very good so). very much like Bogner and others who later got into the amp building industry. so similarities to Marshall are definitely there, especially the lower gain channels on the VH and Herbert.

Back
Top Bottom