Just built an all in 1 solution

CT76

Inspired
So I had 2 xitones sitting around, 2 ev12l and a carvin412 sitting around and I was bored. The cab being front loaded it’s perfect. I have to make a few mods, like install the plate amp before I can show finished but here’s where it was

Attachments

• 98E37B62-2634-4010-99CB-8F5EDBB86AD5.jpeg
    98E37B62-2634-4010-99CB-8F5EDBB86AD5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
Interesting project.

What speakers did you use from the xitones?

What plate amp did you use?
It’s the Dayton audio they use I think a ppa8000dsp or something the 2 speakers from the xitone are the eminence 12cx and asd1000 driver the Celestion is the fx something, it has the screw in high also and an over large basket. I have to take a little out of the hole to get it flush

Confused, are you saying you have two different speakers one being the Celestion FX-200 and the other Eminence 12cx and asd1000 driver. Hadn't thought of that combo, Eminence should produce a nice whoofy low end while the Celestion has a much tighter low end. Not sure on the sizzle of the high end tho being you can't bi -amp the Celestion that also has a horn and crossover built in. So the Celestion connected to the low of the plate amp will be lacking some of its high end. You were gonna run both speakers off of one amp correct?

I know that plate amp is pretty configurable with the windows app but I don't know if you could run the low section as a full range or not.

The high end balances cause only 2 have highs the 2 ev12l don’t, and are better sounding than 12L on guitar. No over sizzle and I crossed them over. So there’s 3 different speaker types all 8 ohm in series. I don’t do any eq on the dsp or do any cuts in my fm3

I know a guy who cut the back of his 4x12 cabinet and slapped in the guts of his Blackstar ID: Core combo. 😂

Back
Top Bottom