Just bought some EV PXM - 12MP’s

Agreed. I use the cab eq for that.
That will affect FOH if you do it from the cab block but if you don’t mind that then no worries. Output 2 parametric isn’t quite the same slope when rolling the gain of the frequency back, it’s more subtle so you can be more aggressive with the gain cut. I set the low to 120hz and cut till the bass boom goes away, usually around -5

That will affect FOH if you do it from the cab block but if you don’t mind that then no worries. Output 2 parametric isn’t quite the same slope when rolling the gain of the frequency back, it’s more subtle so you can be more aggressive with the gain cut. I set the low to 120hz and cut till the bass boom goes away, usually around -5
True, though I wind up just not having much very low or very high specifically so I can sit in the mix in FOH. Then I wind up with what sounds great to me through the PXMs without additional adjustment. I'm using AC20 and plexi models, pretty mid-focused.

The monitors FIT IN MY TRUNK! I have a Mustang, not much fits in the trunk. Also they slayed on stage. Easy to set up, sounded great. As small and light as I could hope for what they can do.

The one thing I don't like is that the master volume knob is a bit difficult to get to quickly while you're playing, AND you have to push it in first before it does anything. So on-the-fly adjustment while playing guitar and singing is more or less impossible.

The monitors FIT IN MY TRUNK! I have a Mustang, not much fits in the trunk. Also they slayed on stage. Easy to set up, sounded great. As small and light as I could hope for what they can do.

The one thing I don't like is that the master volume knob is a bit difficult to get to quickly while you're playing, AND you have to push it in first before it does anything. So on-the-fly adjustment while playing guitar and singing is more or less impossible.
You could run that fully open and control volume from the FM9 OUT1 knob.

Set the on-monitor controls, then leave them alone. They’re not meant for adjusting during your performance, and they’re designed to not be accidentally changed.

The modeler is meant to be used as the control board for the FRFR. It’s easy to adjust the volume, and the EQ can be quickly adjusted during setup using the global EQ for that particular OUT. Set up the Global Performance page with the tonestack, gain and level of the Amp and maybe the global input Gain for quick adjustments and you should be golden during the sets.

I set my OUT 1 knob at 50% during setup and when FOH is testing my feed, and then might bump up to 55% once everything is in full swing. FOH is aware that might happen and is cool with it. The presets are all leveled, so any preset or scene changes keep a consistent volume, and the EVs stay at a consistent volume as a result.

Last edited:
Set the on-monitor controls, then leave them alone. They’re not meant for adjusting during your performance, and they’re designed to not be accidentally changed.

The modeler is meant to be used as the control board for the FRFR. It’s easy to adjust the volume, and the EQ can be quickly adjusted during setup using the global EQ for that particular OUT. Set up the Global Performance page with the tonestack, gain and level of the Amp and maybe the global input Gain for quick adjustments and you should be golden during the sets.

I set my OUT 1 knob at 50% during setup and when FOH is testing my feed, and then might bump up to 55% once everything is in full swing. FOH is aware that might happen and is cool with it. The presets are all leveled, so any preset or scene changes keep a consistent volume, and the EVs stay at a consistent volume as a result.
I agree with all of this, though the stage last night was TINY and the PA was real trouble. So in the interest of KISS, I did not run separate lines across the stage - I used the PXM to submit my vocals and FM9 into FOH. I only used one output on the FM9, which does happen occasionally for various reasons. So I will not probably do that again.

Question - if I wanted to run two different instruments out of one EV PXM, specifically a keyboard and a guitar, has anyone tried that?
I wouldn't often be playing both at once, maybe with a looper if I ever get my timing tight. I'm not Geddy! : )

I'm wondering if Monitor 2 would work as a neutral or at least useful sound for keys as well?
Think 80s synthwave sounds with distorted Marshal flavored rock guitar.

(I know its got three discrete inputs with levels, so I/O won't be a problem.)

TY!

Question - if I wanted to run two different instruments out of one EV PXM, specifically a keyboard and a guitar, has anyone tried that?
I wouldn't often be playing both at once, maybe with a looper if I ever get my timing tight. I'm not Geddy! : )

I'm wondering if Monitor 2 would work as a neutral or at least useful sound for keys as well?

TY!
Yes. It's essentially a PA speaker, and is not designed for one particular instrument.

The Monitor 2 setting is flatter and is what I’d use.

Some live footage of using the FM9 into two EV’s. I was at noon on the fm9 and the EV’s. Plenty of volume really living these!

sounds great and great playing man! Were you using the EVs as floor monitors facing up at you, or more as backline?

Thanks man. Used as backline in the normal floor monitor position, I prefer it behind me so I can crank them a bit more.
yeah for some reason - maybe from being used to real amps, having it behind me feels way better than in front as a monitor. I do basically the same with my EV 112p's. Would be great to have something that has an adjustable degree of 'tilt-back'.

Playing two must be a gas!

yeah for some reason - maybe from being used to real amps, having it behind me feels way better than in front as a monitor. I do basically the same with my EV 112p's. Would be great to have something that has an adjustable degree of 'tilt-back'.

The nice thing is that the PXM have three usable angles, plus, with the coaxial speakers, they are not subject to beaming like regular speakers.

Two at once definitely have major punch.

I haven’t tried any other angle because o think it just looks odd. Two adds the stereo effects which I’m new to using and absolutely love. One is honestly great though, plenty headroom and dispersion

Back
Top Bottom