Just bought some EV PXM - 12MP’s

Big fan of the EV PXM-12MPs as well. Use it mainly for bass guitar and they're great. My back likes them as well, they're pretty light compared to a regular bass rig.

Added bonus, I now get a monitor mix via the second input. All venue monitors are usually hogged by the horn section.

Sounds great as does the band overall! Nice to know there is something reliable out there that is actually available. I have two XiTones but if they die it doesn’t look like that company really exists to service them anymore.

They give you what create with your studio monitors. It’s totally accurate
Agreed! I’ve been slowly finding a collection of speakers that are preset-friendly…I’ve had Focal Alpha 65s and a PXM12MP for a couple of years, but didn’t know what I was doing at first. With some help from @Greg Ferguson and trial/error, I’m getting great results now. Realized that tweaking for my Ultimate Ears UE7s was part of my problem. They are dark…so I have been tweaking with the Focals first and then the EV, and add a little eq in my IEM mix to compensate for the UE7. I recently got Ollo S4X heaphones which have given me a means to dial things in without straining my marriage. Of course presets have to pass the Alpha and EV test before they get to a gig, but there’s rarely much to do after the Ollos. FWIW, I test and tweak for FOH using Monitor 1 (because I think thats more similar to FOH speakers) on the EV, but gig with it in Monitor 2 because its a fatter guitar sound.

Last edited:
Civilian contractors make better money than active duty in many cases. Right on, thank you for your service.
Thank you for your service!

And yeah it's not bad. :) Although whether or not it's better depends on what rank you compare to I guess. Active duty isn't awful when you take into account BAS, BAH, and health care. And income tax benefits help a little too.

Back
Top Bottom