Just bought some EV PXM - 12MP’s

GuyJames

Inspired
$1600 later… I have a stereo pair on the way. I have been so on the fence with these and the friendman ASC-10’s or Red Sound MF 10’s.

I think I made the right choice considering they aren’t a one trick pony like the Friedman and are readily available unlike the red sound.

Not mention I’m sure I could get more money back in the event of selling than I would with either the Friedman or Red Sound.

I’ll report back with some pictures and video when I get them.

I have one I just got. Will gig it this Saturday. I think it will be killer based on the A/B I did with my Atomic CLRs.

I think you'll love them. Try the different monitor modes. They are PUNCHY! And very reasonable size/weight.

Awesome!! They are on my wish list at the moment! Hard to justify purchase since I have a PA and couple tube amps… I run the fm9 into the effects return of the mesa Fillmores and they sound pretty good after using an eq block at end of chain.

Enjoy!

You won't regret getting the Yamaha's ... I have 2 of them and they are excellent. But as with any speaker, they won't come to life until at least 30-40 hours of break in, and then... wow, great speakers.
Thanks, good to know about break in. I didn't realize it would be as noticeable with PA(FRFR) as with guitar speakers.

Big fan of EV PXM12MP here. I love the small footprint, wedge format. I have set it up to use Monitor 2 mostly, but have recently gotten a Redsound MF10 that I'm using with Out 3 (sounds fantastic btw) and then went from my Out 2 (FOH) to the EV on Monitor 1, and that sounds really great too! If I had to have just one speaker, it would be the EV, because it is so flexible.

I got the MF10 mostly out of curiosity, but also because I wanted a forward facing speaker to supply stage fill. I will certainly say that it is great for that, and is smaller and lighter than the EV (which is quite portable in its own right!). Of course, the downside is that the MF10 is more expensive.

Last edited:
$1600 later… I have a stereo pair on the way. I have been so on the fence with these and the friendman ASC-10’s or Red Sound MF 10’s.

I think I made the right choice considering they aren’t a one trick pony like the Friedman and are readily available unlike the red sound.

Not mention I’m sure I could get more money back in the event of selling than I would with either the Friedman or Red Sound.

I’ll report back with some pictures and video when I get them.
Sorry to hijack for a minute, but while I'll admit Redsound could do a better job of publicizing this, their speakers seem to be readily available here: https://www.lyonhealycorporation.com/brands/red-sound/
I contacted Redsound and they referred me to L&H...It was a really easy transaction and Christian Larumbe was really responsive and helpful.

Obviously a huge fan as I have been praising them for quite a while! I just did a small sound support gig with them last night and the people using them were very happy!

I have pushed these pretty hard just to see if they fall apart, they don't dissapoint! They are very well balanced and versatile! I expect years of trouble free use out of them.

For the people that are on the fence with these it's really a no brainer! yes they are a little on the expensive side when it comes to the prosumer side of things but you get the benefit of having great support and design and most importantly sound.

Obviously a huge fan as I have been praising them for quite a while! I just did a small sound support gig with them last night and the people using them were very happy!

I have pushed these pretty hard just to see if they fall apart, they don't dissapoint! They are very well balanced and versatile! I expect years of trouble free use out of them.

For the people that are on the fence with these it's really a no brainer! yes they are a little on the expensive side when it comes to the prosumer side of things but you get the benefit of having great support and design and most importantly sound.
Looking forward to it! Should be here this week. Gonna crank the shit out of them and leave Spotify blasting polyphia through them to break them in.

I have one I just got. Will gig it this Saturday. I think it will be killer based on the A/B I did with my Atomic CLRs.

I think you'll love them. Try the different monitor modes. They are PUNCHY! And very reasonable size/weight.
What do you mean "different modes"? Does it have settings? Seems cool.

I've been a big fan of this speaker since I got it about a year ago. I do all kinds of gigs, from rock bands to jazz gigs to small caribbean music gigs with a steel drummer and backing tracks and it is perfect for everything.

Back
Top Bottom