Just bought an Axe-Fx III mk2

I'm planning just to use my studio monitors since that's where I'm using it to start and then maybe pickup an FRFR speakers cab eventually for rehearsals (or just plug into pa)

While true that the factory presets may not be where you end up, in my opinion they are a good place to start. Every guitar will sound different through any preset. That is how you know the Axe-Fx is a good instrument. The first 10 factory presets, or so, represent basic Fender, Vox and Marshall tones. Very usable as is, in my opinion. The first, Bassguy, with all the scenes, is very versatile. If I had no time to program and had a gig that night, this would be the preset. I've put a variety of Les Pauls, Strats, PRS, and various others through it, and it pretty much all sounds good, anything from jazz to hard rock, especially at band volume. The character of each guitar will come through.

Welcome to the club!

Just joined the club myself guys, ordered it today, after it being stuck in Boston due to snow......
Are you newbies going with monitors, headphones, cabs etc ? I’m convinced Fractal is the platform for me, just not what to play through, so planned on using some DT770 pro headphones to get settled in, the decide what speaker(s) to use. Is that sensible ?
I’m playing mine through a pair of Genelec nearfield studio monitors. I’ve had them for about 6 years, love them.

I don’t gig, just a home studio hack, so they’re perfect for me.

I’m convinced Fractal is the platform for me, just not what to play through, so planned on using some DT770 pro headphones to get settled in, the decide what speaker(s) to use. Is that sensible ?
Starting with headphones is probably a sensible idea, just don't judge the AxeFX capabilities using that medium alone.

Thanks guys. I listened, and ordered the Eve SC207’s, some better than budget stands, and the DT770 Pro 250 ohm headphones. My lady is gonna hit the roof......

Just a tip, playing guitar sounds real weird when listening exclusively through headphones. You'll want to play through monitors when you can.

Another tip, guitars through monitors doesn't sound like guitars through real cabs. It can sound as good but it will sound different. Just something to keep in mind.

Just read a few online reviews, those look really nice! Hope you get great results with them!!!
Thanks man, me too. It was between them and the A7X, and whilst a lot of people seemed to love the adams, some didn’t, but I never found any negative reviews for the Eve’s.

Just a tip, playing guitar sounds real weird when listening exclusively through headphones. You'll want to play through monitors when you can.

Another tip, guitars through monitors doesn't sound like guitars through real cabs. It can sound as good but it will sound different. Just something to keep in mind.
I play 90% of the time through the Bozz Waza Air phones, which are a great practice tool, but I have a feeling I’ve made a slight upgrade.......

Just joined the club myself guys, ordered it today, after it being stuck in Boston due to snow......
Are you newbies going with monitors, headphones, cabs etc ? I’m convinced Fractal is the platform for me, just not what to play through, so planned on using some DT770 pro headphones to get settled in, the decide what speaker(s) to use. Is that sensible ?
Congrats!
I‘m using the DT880 with zero issues.
Very neutral sounding headphone which I like. I can easily dial in Sounds Witz the headphones and I can use them without tweeking with my FRFR.

Cooper's class is going to save you a lot of time wandering the desert, so to speak. 12 hours of his instruction is going to save you literally dozens, if not hunreds, of hours figuring it on piecemeal on your own. Best 100 bucks I ever spent.

Is there an AxeEdit manual?

Looking to see if there is a fast way to connect a bunch of blocks together. The quick build feature is pretty great just can't figure out how to do something like select all in a row and then connect from left to right. The fastest way I have found so far is to use the cable feature on the hardware (pressing D on layout page). Anyone know if there is a quicker way to connect?

Also if you have a chain of blocks is it possible to create a new empty column so you can add a block in between existing ones? Or something like an insert feature?

Is there an AxeEdit manual?

Looking to see if there is a fast way to connect a bunch of blocks together. The quick build feature is pretty great just can't figure out how to do something like select all in a row and then connect from left to right. The fastest way I have found so far is to use the cable feature on the hardware (pressing D on layout page). Anyone know if there is a quicker way to connect?

Also if you have a chain of blocks is it possible to create a new empty column so you can add a block in between existing ones? Or something like an insert feature?
There's no manual...

You can connect multiple blocks in a row by clicking the output "nub" on the first block you want to connect and then click the input nub on the last block.

You can drag an empty column between blocks by the "handles" on the top/bottom of the grid... Just be aware that it affects all rows.

There's no manual...

You can connect multiple blocks in a row by clicking the output "nub" on the first block you want to connect and then click the input nub on the last block.

You can drag an empty column between blocks by the "handles" on the top/bottom of the grid... Just be aware that it affects all rows.
Huge timesaver, thanks 👍

Back
Top Bottom