Just a little punk/rock tune I made tonight.

PaulDesmond

After owning it for a year but not really understanding it. I have absolutely fallen in love with my AxeFX II over the past few days! It's so amazing getting pretty much studio quality sounds right out of the box!
Although I love my metal, I also love anything guitar based. So here's a little punk/rock tune. Just started writing this tonight. :)

Last edited:
Dude this is rad! I'm getting an Axe FX or AX8 soon to be doing material like this! Not enough people do "punk" esque materials for reference. So it's nice to know that I can get it pretty easily!

Dude this is rad! I'm getting an Axe FX or AX8 soon to be doing material like this! Not enough people do "punk" esque materials for reference. So it's nice to know that I can get it pretty easily!
Thanks mate! Yeah, I more often than not feel like I'm alone in the music I like to write lol. It's very rare I come across anyone with an AxeFx that likes anything remotely "punk". When you do get your AxeFx or AX8, let me know. I'm always looking for people to collaborate with!

Thanks mate! Yeah, I more often than not feel like I'm alone in the music I like to write lol. It's very rare I come across anyone with an AxeFx that likes anything remotely "punk". When you do get your AxeFx or AX8, let me know. I'm always looking for people to collaborate with!

I know! It's made me hold off on getting a FAS product for a long time because everyone was just playing jazz or metal with them! You'd think if you want to do DIY punk you'd grab one of these up so you can do almost everything, right?!

And that would be totally awesome to collab! I'll be a total noob to the gear though so it won't sound anywhere near as good as you at first!

I guys, the link does not work but based on the comments it looks like this tone might be what i'm looking for. Could you please share similar sound presets for AX8?

I guys, the link does not work but based on the comments it looks like this tone might be what i'm looking for. Could you please share similar sound presets for AX8?
Hi there. Sorry I haven't replied. I don't have time at the moment, but I'll try to find the preset sometime this week for you. Here's a link to the track if you wanted to hear it (not sure why the link is broken above).

Hi there. Sorry I haven't replied. I don't have time at the moment, but I'll try to find the preset sometime this week for you. Here's a link to the track if you wanted to hear it (not sure why the link is broken above).

Sounds amazing mate, and great playing too!

I'd love to get the preset if you manage finding it, that would be great!

P.S.: do you have band doing this stuff?

Sounds amazing mate, and great playing too!

I'd love to get the preset if you manage finding it, that would be great!

P.S.: do you have band doing this stuff?
Sorry for the slow replies. Life is hectic right now! I do not have a band. Drums are SSD4.
The preset I have is for the AxeFx II. I've heard there is a way to convert the file for use on the AX8, but I'm not familiar with how it's done. Bear in mind the guitars you heard are semi mixed, so the preset won't sound identical. And the guitar I used is quite bright sounding, so you may have to make adjustments to suit you. Anyway, here's the preset.

Attachments

• Rhythm Distortion.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom