Jumping amp

qjawz

Inspired
Hey folks, how would I theoretically jump the dc30 in the axe fx? The two amp blocks 1 channel each in parallel? Or 1 amp block into the other?

thanks in advance.

[eta: this is only true if you're using two amp blocks with power amp modeling turned on] first things first: never run amp blocks in series

you could try running parallel with the 12ax7 channel in one block and ef86 in the other. turn off supply sag to defeat the power amp modeling in one of the blocks. play with levels to taste

Last edited:
i just run them in parallel into the same cab block. I don't turn off power amp modeling in either and am pretty sure it will sound pretty bad just the preamp. There's no way to really simulate it, this just gets you in the ballpark by having the two channels you can sort of blend to taste.

first things first: never run amp blocks in series

you could try running parallel with the 12ax7 channel in one block and ef86 in the other. turn off supply sag to defeat the power amp modeling in one of the blocks. play with levels to taste
That is wrong.

You can run amp blocks in series, especially when disabling the power amp modeling on the first one (where it effectively is like a Drive block or Preamp).

The case to not run in series is when you are switching between amps.

Awesome thanks guys!

[Edit]:I got a great result by putting the amp blocks in series with channel 1's 12ax7a supply sag off and channel 2 8f86 input trim to 0.5. Mixed to taste!

Kudos

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom