Judas Priest Point of Entry Tone --On the Run

I really like the tone on this record. The song "on the run" really makes an A chord sound amazing. Anyone got a patch or a good start on something similar?

I really like the tone on this record. The song "on the run" really makes an A chord sound amazing. Anyone got a patch or a good start on something similar?

Try the plexis and the USA pre amps. I had a couple good presets that were close to this album. Love it.

Reactions: JTI
Do you still have them? To me what makes the tone is that it seems like they used more of a room miking than a close up mike. I have no idea how the engineers did it. It makes me think of three or four full stacks in a large room and room mikes are used. Again, i have no idea what they actually did. I did read somewhere that the engineer or the producer was looking for more of "live" sound on that record.

Funny I was just trying to get a good Priest tone from the Screaming for Vengeance days. Heres what I have so far.. it's a cab bundle so look for the cab in scratchpad.

Attachments

• Priest.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 89
Hello,

Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to give it a run.

No problem it should be a fairly good starting point. I gave the tune a listen that you posted and the gain structures are pretty close though you might need to dry up the verb a tad. The drives are aimed at the SFV tone but the fundamental amp tone is pretty close, have fun! ;)

Funny I was just trying to get a good Priest tone from the Screaming for Vengeance days. Heres what I have so far.. it's a cab bundle so look for the cab in scratchpad.
Just tried it this morning, didn't get a chance to A-B it with SFV record, but to my ear it sounded DAMN close when I played Devils Child and Bloodstone. (couldn't remember how to play the riff from screaming for vengence). Now that I typed that out...I forgot "riding on the wind". RIding on the wind is in my cover bands current play list.....one would THINK I would have remembered to try that one, lol.

Just tried it this morning, didn't get a chance to A-B it with SFV record, but to my ear it sounded DAMN close when I played Devils Child and Bloodstone. (couldn't remember how to play the riff from screaming for vengence). Now that I typed that out...I forgot "riding on the wind". RIding on the wind is in my cover bands current play list.....one would THINK I would have remembered to try that one, lol.

;) All of those tunes are a favorite and have played them for years! Even though some of the tones are not quite there it's still a work in progress. Haven't quite figured out how to get that metallic verb thing they have going on in Electric Eye. I tried using the Mz drive but it doesn't quite work and I'm pretty sure the fact that I don't use EMG pups has a lot to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom