JP2C input gain

Matteodem

One doubt regarding the input gain of dirty channels.

From the wiki "Yellow is 2.9. Red is 5.7".

The authentic gain control is an overdrive like the real amp. In the ideal page the gain in the input one? If so, why it is set to 5 for both channels?

How do you set yours?

One doubt regarding the input gain of dirty channels.

From the wiki "Yellow is 2.9. Red is 5.7".

The authentic gain control is an overdrive like the real amp. In the ideal page the gain in the input one? If so, why it is set to 5 for both channels?

How do you set yours?
I think you need to provide some context or a link to the wiki section you're talking about.

No idea what you're asking...

You know, mesa mark amps have 2 gain.
Jp2c has the input one fixed (as per the quoted sentence from wiki).
The values reported don't match with those of the ideal page, so I wonder why and if the first gain in this page is an input one.
Hope I have been clear enough.

The values reported don't match with those of the ideal page, so I wonder why and if the first gain in this page is an input one.

Do you mean when you are loading the amp block and seeing the values of 5? Those are default values. You adjust as you see fit.

The sentence you quoted has no context. There are many things in the wiki... An actual link would be nice.

I am not a user of the model or real amp so I don't know...

The sentence you quoted has no context. There are many things in the wiki... An actual link would be nice.

I am not a user of the model or real amp so I don't know...
it references this exact quote: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...us-firmware-public-beta-8.171486/post-2067603

i know the goal of Authentic is to make the controls match the amp as exact as possible.

i'm not sure if the Ideal page would also translate specifically, meaning not sure if the 1st gain stage on the Ideal page is exactly the JP2c's input that's usually fixed.

Ideal are extra controls that the amp may or may not have. so they won't match to the values of the JP2C since they are extra controls, and any control has a default value which won't necessarily match a default value of any amp.

Back
Top Bottom