JP-2C Gain and Presence Pull question.

Doubleneck

Inspired
On The JP-2C Yellow: Gain defaults Input Drive to 2.90 Overdrive to 5.00 on the Ideal tab.
On the JP-2C Red: Gain defaults Input Drive to 5.70 & Overdrive to 5.00 on the Ideal tab.
I’m guessing you adjust Input Drive to on the Ideal tab accomplish the Pull Gain setting on the amp & use Presence Shift on the Authentic tab to achieve the same. If so what would you adjust the Input Drive to achieve the same results as the amp?
I remember reading that to emulate the “Shred” mode turn the High Treble control to approximately 3-4 db. I have searched the forum but can't an answer to my question.

Hey there, I don’t think presence shift would have nothing to do with it unless you are replicating specific settings. However on the real amp they have stated it’s a subtle change in the input drive IIRC it’s like 1.25 for channel 2 and 1.5 for channel 3 but take that as a grain of salt.

Hey there, I don’t think presence shift would have nothing to do with it unless you are replicating specific settings. However on the real amp they have stated it’s a subtle change in the input drive IIRC it’s like 1.25 for channel 2 and 1.5 for channel 3 but take that as a grain of salt.
I’ll give that a try. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom