Joining the Axe FX 2 family

Edit Joining not Joking. Damn phone

how excited should I be? A complex trade actually worked out based around a MarkV:25. I love the Mark have always had some Mark in my stable at some point but I am clicking my heels to finally be a fractal owner. I was going to wait for the AX8 but this just worked out perfectly for both parties. I am an old modeler guy. Used to run a pod pro with a vht2150, vetta etc.... I know it is worlds upon worlds different now. Any suggestions on initial test runs with this?

Hello and welcome to the forum, maybe you could check out Chris's axefxtutorials and Cooper Carters "creativelive" videos
and there's always axewikki . :) Also this forum is a great resource in itself

good luck

:)

The package ended up with 2 of the atomic reactor wedges. I am not sure how I feel about them but they can be replaced. I just want to get through the learning curve.

was going to ask what your ultimate goal was, specifically regarding speaker system. Amp + cab modeling both on with full range PA cabinets, or amp modeling only with a traditional cab? If full range, the world has taken many leaps forward since the old atomic reactor stuff was introduced. Not that they are awful now, but might not be a current preferred launch point for full range cabinets.

Right now I am going to fool around with these. They were thrown in the deal. I also have a boogie recto cab with a tube power amp. Ideally though I do want to go true frfr. I know the clr is hot right now and I will look into that route. I am going to run it through my yamahas in my studio to start to play with ir's. The learning curve is there for sure but I have enough to fool around with to start.

A complex trade actually worked out based around a MarkV:25. I love the Mark have always had some Mark in my stable at some point

If you're a Mark guy, you're in for a huge treat. Cliff has a lot of love for Boogies and I think he's nailed the Mark series. Dial up one of the Mark IV models with a Petrucci mix cab. Pay attention to the graphic EQ (5-Band Mark) in the amp block, and set the preamp EQ just like you would on the real amp (lower bass and mid, higher treble, presence to taste). You'll end up with awesome Boogie tone.

Thanks Karl. Yeah I always ended up finding myself with a Mark something about them felt right. Obviously I am not afraid to tweak or I wouldn't have gassed for a fractal.

I can't wait to get this running. I have 4 tracks I am waiting to record right now and can't wait to play.

I was honestly holding off between the Helix and the AX8. The helix left me meh it truly isn't a bad product and I think it will get better. It just didn't ballpark it. More like a triple based on hustle. Amazing layout though. The AX8 likely fits my bill perfectly but this came about and I can't be any more happy. I'll likely never run two amps but he'll having the option isn't a bad thing. Two amps always sucked on the vetta but techmology has advanced.

Landed two hours ago. Still waiting for the monitors. Played it through my recto effects loop through a 412 with the cabs off. Just messed with the presets so far and just very impressed. Really beyond impressed honestly. I haven't even gotten into tweaking anything can't wait. The potential is insane.

Back
Top Bottom