John Nathon Cordy preset purchase.

Dixiethedog

Experienced
I have just purchased JNC's presets from his page linked in his YouTube videos for a measly £6.

The price of a cup of coffee and possibly a small slice of cake in a cafe. Or the price of a pint of beer in a pub. A sandwich, a packet of crisps, and a can of pop from the supermarket. I am sure you get the drift.

I have been a fan of John Nathan Cordy's videos for a long time, and yes I have sat and paused his videos to copy his settings into my Fractal unit. All for free. But that is a hassle to do.

But when you consider the time he takes to deliver quality informative preset videos along with great advice I think having instant access to his preset downloads at the click of a button is priceless.

Can I please ask you to consider doing the same? It will help support his channel and help us all achieve some excellent tones from our FM3's. £6 is nothing for all of this!

He doesn't spend his time for human savior but for his own interest, I don't see why I should support his work.
Nothing against him personally but he's quite schizofrenic, every day he makes a video where he contradicts what he said the previous day...
lol.. I do like him but I stopped buying paid presets years ago because they never sound the same and you can usually do better yourself, or I could anyway. You're dialling in for your own acoustics, they are dialling in for theirs. Unless you need a real hard start why would you bother?

lol.. I do like him but I stopped buying paid presets years ago because they never sound the same and you can usually do better yourself, or I could anyway. You're dialling in for your own acoustics, they are dialling in for theirs. Unless you need a real hard start why would you bother?
Having read your "I have a problem with the FM3" hits the nail on the head. There are so many fantastic-sounding amp models and every day I seem to have a new favorite. Being able to click on a JNC preset from my library and then going onto YT to watch and listen to it opens up new variations and sounds to me and my FM3. If I am honest, I am in awe of people who can sit for a week working to create an exact tone and I wish that I could be that person, but my ears are not that good. The £6 is a drop in the ocean, but I do agree about buying (some) "pro" presets. I did buy some from a popular vendor and they are sh*t. LOL Nothing at all like the YT videos that the supplier pushes out. Putting that aside, every time I plug my guitar in is a new learning day. A tweak here, a tweak there. I would love to find something that would be my sound but with so many amp/cab etc options I live and learn. I will happily watch anybody who posts presets up on YT or on here.

The only thing that confuses me about him is why he was named John Nathan and not straight-up Johnathan :tearsofjoy: .

Oh damn.... I will never get over that now....

I really like his channel. Great player and I like how he goes over the settings and such. His video on the JS Marshall helped tweak my Satch preset with the changing of parameters I had no idea existed.

I have a JS1000 and a 2450 and have never been happier, lol

Nice. I'd kinda gotten away from the Ibanez guitars for a long time, but the JS series was always interesting to me. When I learned the neck was more of a Strat-ish profile than a Wizard, I made the jump and am happy.

Nice. I'd kinda gotten away from the Ibanez guitars for a long time, but the JS series was always interesting to me. When I learned the neck was more of a Strat-ish profile than a Wizard, I made the jump and am happy.
I started on a JS1 back in ‘91 or so. I had to retire due to hand issues in ‘06-07 it went away. I started playing again late last year and the first thing I got was the JS1000.

They just feel like home to me. No sharp edges, great neck, incredibly comfortable. The coil tap function is a huge part of it as well. There’s no “standard” tone I can’t get for almost everything I do. As much as I’d love a hollow body and a Tele (and an 8 string) I wouldn’t use them much.

Love his tones and playing feel, just excellent.

I bought his presets a fair while ago, and I don't sound like him playing through them, I sound like me. Duh, but actually true. I mostly don't buy presets for that reason, it's not just his, seems to be my life.

One thing I dig about his sound, which I've commented about here before, is how little top end he has, but there's still clarity and responsiveness. I kind of hoped to pick up some magic tricks about that from his presets, but alas, not really.

Still really dig his tones and playing, and he seems like a genuine and decent guy too. And it's just cool to listen to him play!

I subscribe to his YT Channel and have spoken to him a couple of times, i find him a decent helpful guy, he's more Helix based but dabbles in a lot of different gear and a great player.

Like his mind(?), I'm divided about him... :p

Mostly awesome tone and player, but that style of legato (or also Tom Quayle's) can get on my nerves when used all the time. He can also have an off-putting vibe of self pity to his voice sometimes.

I mirrored the amp and cab settings for one of his videos and it didn’t sound anything like the video. Same with most presets I’ve tried from other people.

One thing that was an eye opener for me was I had a guitar playing coworker over and plugged him into my FM3/F12 cab setup. Not playing and just listening my presets sounded different and he was playing my guitar too.

His playing is really great, his tones are great too but they are great for him, I absolutely hate that kind of tone for my playing.

Exactly how I love the sound of a mesa but never been able to play well and bound with it.

Back
Top Bottom