John Mayer has a Kemper but no Fractal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmercer9

He just did a Periscope showing his gear and new PRS guitars. I asked if he had an Axe-Fx and he actually responded. He said he has a Kemper he uses around the house but had never played an Axe-Fx. He said the Kemper almost got him where he needed to be.

Send the man an Axe-Fx!

I was watching that as well. Looks like he's all in with PRS for sure, including developing an amp head with PRS.

I'm not a huge fan of the guy's music but there's no denying the dude has tremendous talent, has been gigantically successful, has great taste in gear, and the list of women he's gone through would make pretty much any straight guy in history envious.

So basically all he needs is for somebody to demo the Axe for him properly!

If I had the amp collection he had I might have gone with a Kemper.

Being able to profile his amps at his settings is what the Kemper is all about.
This. People tend to think the Kemper and the Axe are comparable. Not really, imho. They are fundamentally different in workflow and the reason why I went with the Axe and not the Kemper was because I preferred the Axe workflow.

They are fundamentally different in workflow and the reason why I went with the Axe and not the Kemper was because I preferred the Axe workflow.

Exactly. The other issue for me was that I only owned two good amps and didn't want to rely on other people profiling amps to get my tones.
With the Axe Fx I have a whole pallet of amps and gear to work with, so I felt like I had no limitations.

If he can play or not....... I get the points though, people say I can play too, and been told that I play better than he does, but I never looked at guitar playing as a competition like some people do, I just enjoy it.........

Haters gonna hate lol. Guy has an incredible amp collection, the Kemper makes complete sense. I could have picked up a Kemper last week for next to nothing but passed. I have an Amplifire that's been sitting here for a month without getting used--sometimes you just have enough 'stuff'. Doesn't mean other 'stuff' isn't good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom