John Mayer "Gravity" Solo...

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
I was playing around with this for Tele Tuesday on Instagram, thought it sounded pretty good so I decided to share. Short and sweet! Highway one Tele (my Strat is in Nashville), stock Buttery preset with the drive changed from the 808 to the Xotic (esoteric) AC Boost. Such a simple solo as for as notes go, but much tougher to nail the vibe and note inflections.

Last edited:
Just got to listen. Sounds nice!

Not quite JM's tone, but definitely in the ballpark. Phrasing was good. I really like the solo in that tune.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got to listen. Sounds nice!

Not quite JM's tone, but definitely in the ballpark. Phrasing was good. I really like the solo in that tune.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks bud! I wasn't really trying to nail the tone, was just playing around with the solo while on that preset and hit record on the iPhone, lol. glad you enjoyed it!

yeah, it's all i've got right now, hoping to get a go pro soon. used to have DSLR but, stupidly, traded it for something.

on my longer demo vids i'm using logic to record the Axe direct and setting up a mic to capture my voice but it's still vid from the iPhone. not ideal but it gets the job done...

Back
Top Bottom