Jog wheel crazy

mba

Power User
It does what it wants. Turn to the left -> go to the right...
It's a little bit disturbing.
I wonder if there is a hardware workaround? (change it?)

I'm experiencing strange stuff with the jog when selecting patches. It does seem to have a mind of it's own.

FWIW it's behavior is much more random with V6.

Last edited:
mine never does what i expect.. i turn it clockwise, and it goes two back, or vice versa, like a roll of the dice. sometimes it's fine most of the time not.

I don't think it's firmware related. I got my II with FW 1.xx and I've always experienced inconsistencies with the wheel.

It does what it wants. Turn to the left -> go to the right...
It's a little bit disturbing.
I wonder if there is a hardware workaround? (change it?)
Its actually a feature, it knows how to dial in patches better than us automatically. ;)

mine never does what i expect.. i turn it clockwise, and it goes two back, or vice versa, like a roll of the dice. sometimes it's fine most of the time not.

+1

It's quite annoying.
Of course, for Preset changes that are close to one another we can now also use the Up/Dwn Scroll Buttons.
Still, the jog wheel shouldn't be so erratic.

I don't think it's firmware related. I got my II with FW 1.xx and I've always experienced inconsistencies with the wheel.
What is weird is that it works pretty fine with parameters like bass/middle/treble etc...
I wonder if they have not developed a smart-donkey algorithm for some screens.

OK get it. May be it's a hardware (encoder) problem. I don't have this problem here but only had my AXE II for 3 weeks (v5.07 then v6).

Back
Top Bottom