Joel Paterson - Hi-Fi Christmas Guitar

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I listened to this album today and enjoyed it very much. What an incredible musician!
Highly recommended if you like guitar music, christmas music, or good music.

https://hitiderecordings.com/products/hifichristmasguitar

"Hi-Fi Christmas Guitar is a 14-song instrumental album featuring classic Christmas songs played in a variety of genres, including jazz, western swing, rock & roll and classic country. This record has become a bit of a cult classic since its original release in 2017, even making The Rolling Stone 2018 list of notable Christmas albums! Hi-Fi Christmas Guitar is a multi-track guitar extravaganza in the tradition of Les Paul, Chet Atkins, Jorgen Ingmann, and many more of my biggest heroes and influences."

1701636322763.png

Last edited:
Although not into Xmas music at the moment, (our store plays it over the intercom system in increasing amounts as the holiday approaches), I'd like to applaud Mr. Paterson's holding true to the Les Paul / Chet Atkin's tradition of classic music. While there may not be a large market for it with the younger set, the older folks will undoubtedly appreciate his style and finesse.

It looks like his day job was an engineer at Boeing.

I love the green vinyl. I have Tommy Emmanuel's All I Want for Christmas album that is a nice listen.

Last edited:
I've been listening to his holiday albums - thanks so much for surfacing him to me @Admin M@ ! Great arrangements and lots of interesting parts to tweak your ears. Highly recommended!

Couldn't quite put my finger on who he was reminding me of and then I sumbled on this video and of course! Hank Garland!

Weird. A friend of mine just sent me a video - like 10 minutes ago - of Joel playing @ Fitzgerald’s in Chicago ‘burbs this past week. I was impressed. And now here he is on the forum.

He just toured with JD McPherson - who also has a great Christmas album called Socks. JD’s other albums are fantastic, as well.

Looks like Joel plays with his own group somewhat regularly at the Green Mill in Chicago. After the Deep Blue Organ Trio broke up, Joel was playing at the Green Mill with Chris Foreman, the organist with the Deep Blue Trio.

Back
Top Bottom