AFIII Joe Satriani - Down Down Down

I don’t think I’ve heard this tune before. Is this a new or old Satch song? You get extra points for doing it on an Epiphone. 😁 For some reason, I think it’s pretty cool when people use cheap guitars and sound like pros.

It's from Joe's self titled album released in 1995

I've not heard this tune for years and never seen/heard it covered.

Loved it, you absolutely nailed it. Great feel & touch. I think that in many ways playing something like this is probably harder than a lot of the faster stuff as every note has to ring true.

Just goes to show it really is all in the fingers

It's from Joe's self titled album released in 1995

I've not heard this tune for years and never seen/heard it covered.

Loved it, you absolutely nailed it. Great feel & touch. I think that in many ways playing something like this is probably harder than a lot of the faster stuff as every note has to ring true.

Just goes to show it really is all in the fingers
Yes this song is one of my favorite from the self titled, I listen to this record a lot back in the days, sound very organic, the drums sounds great too with the bisonette’s.

For the rest You are right too. This type of songs are really hard to play, more than fast stuff, because if you miss bends etc it can quickly sound terrible

I don’t think I’ve heard this tune before. Is this a new or old Satch song? You get extra points for doing it on an Epiphone. 😁 For some reason, I think it’s pretty cool when people use cheap guitars and sound like pros.
As davus said, that is from the mid 90’s self titled album. This song is underestimated …

I like doing justice to “cheap” guitars even if I own some expensive one. I like mustangs etc…

But the thing is that this iommi is not so cheap in the end. Gibson iommi pickups (stock) , ebony fretboard. I change the tuners with locking tuners . I never tried a real SG left handed and I am really curious about it. I own a real Les Paul and yeah the nitro finish etc add charm to it, more than a epiphone Les Paul . I hope I will try a real one day .

What I like too in this guitar is that it does have the input jack at the same place, and the strap is better positioned too.

Back
Top Bottom