JMPre-1 OD1 Tone Controls?

darrenw5094

Certified Bug Hunter
What's up with the bass, mid and treble control on it. When I max the treble the bottom end vanishes. Is that normal behaviour?

What's up with the bass, mid and treble control on it. When I max the treble the bottom end vanishes. Is that normal behaviour?
If I recall correctly BMT is tied to the output EQ in that model which is a little weird, but, as I understand, authentic
to the real deal.

As a real JMP-1 owner and a Fractal JMP-1 OD 1 user...I suggest not ever turning any of the BMT or P knobs up more than about 2 O'clock. If you need more bass go to the Input EQ page and adjust the low Freq down lower. It has a very drastic bass cut, probably why many guys, my self included, always used the JMP-1 with a BBE Sonic Maximizer.

The real JMP-1 has separate fixed tone stacks for both the Clean and OD channels, both of which which then feed into the post active four band EQ that is adjustable.

The Axe's JMP-1 tone controls merely work the post active four band EQ, just like the real deal (though with the Axe you can of course swap tonestacks and EQ's, as well as their locations as desired etc).

Back
Top Bottom