Jet City - Surprisingly good amps

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
A friend of mine very recently opened a local guitar shop and he mentioned that he got a Splawn 1/2 stack in. I went in yesterday with my guitar to try this thing out in person, but alas he had sold it (I should've called ahead). He talked me into plugging into a 100w Jet City 333 1/2 stack which prices at about $1100 for both the head and the 4x12 cab.

The crunch channel on it was actually amazing. Pumping out classic and 90's rock was sheer delight. Bring down the gain a bit and it's great for Little Wing style stuff. Back it off further and it's pristine cleans. I think I'm going to pick up a little 20w combo, which is only that crunch channel for $350 as a practice amp. I'm sick of taking my axe up and down stairs 4 times a week.

Anybody else experienced these amps? Basically, it's Soldano circuitry assembled in China.

If I could get the 20watt one with an effects loop and power section, id jump at it. For rock they just are really nice sounding.

Saw them around, never really thought about trying 'em out. Now I am savoring every YouTube vid I can find! :lol

These things sound great! :) Vintage, but with a ballsy modern feel. Of course YouTube vids will not do anything justice, but I will give them a test run and see

Edit - was just taking in some more vid clips and found out they use el84s - my favorite kind of tube - no wonder the attraction hahaha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom