Jeff Buckley reverb sound live in Chicago

guitarguy_one

Hi Everyone!

I've been trying to figure this one out for a long time now...

There is a sound that Jeff achieves in the Live in Chicago show during the song 'Dream Brother' that I would really like to be able to recreate, but I'm having a very hard time succeeding.

I know he uses a Fender amp for cleans and a Mesa for dirty, and at least some of his reverb sound is coming from an Alesis Quadraverb. I've thought that maybe there is something going on with the 'Pre Delay' setting with some gain on the reverb itself, other than that I'm pretty stumped. I'd love to start a discussion on this as I've been in awe of that one sound/trick since my teenage days.

Here's the link, the sound I'm talking about is at 3:44 - 3:45

Thanks!

I'd be interested in this as well as some of the reverb on the album for songs like Hallelujah etc.
I've messed around with delay / reverb settings for this stuff before. I'll be glad to share my preset when I get home...but its probably not right on at all.

I'm about 99.99999 percent sure it was him. You can see the other guitar player is waiting with his right hand on the bridge for the right time to come back in. That is while the Jeff Buckley reverb decay is still going on.

I'm about 99.99999 percent sure it was him. You can see the other guitar player is waiting with his right hand on the bridge for the right time to come back in. That is while the Jeff Buckley reverb decay is still going on.

Yeah - I watched it again, and you're right; he does hit some chord and get's that effect. I'm just as baffled as to "what" that is - but I'm sure someone here will be able to help you.

Here is my attempt at a preset that is similar to his tone. Its no where near exact. Also, 1st time uploading / exporting a preset. So hopefully that part works ha...

Attachments

• JeffBuckley.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 30
I actually think he's just hitting the strings hard enough with his right hand so that they touch his pickups for a second, and the reverb is adding a tail onto that, I've got a patch that makes that sound but it's not quite there yet, shall I upload it?

it's most like when you kick an amp that has an actual reverb tank. the Danelectro Spring King (a pedal mini reverb tank) has a rubber pad that triggers the effect. I you added some delay it would make a similar ruckus.

Back
Top Bottom