JC 120 with redwirez Mix 80,s Clean

Merlin

Experienced
Thanks to Scott for his recepy on the redwirez JC120 mix.. i redid my "Steve Rothery" patch with the new cabs..

http://soundcloud.com/user2638394/runaway

Now my patch is so close to the real thing it,s time to sell my 2 JC,s 120.. :cool:

And offcourse i feel like a total beginner compared to some of you guys but thought a clip would be nice.

This is Scott's mix thanks again..

JC120-Roland12s Mix R121-sm57-boc

JC120-Roland12s-R121-CapEdge-2in.wav,0.486
JC120-Roland12s-SM57-CapEdge-2in.wav,0.486
JC120-Roland12s-TC30-Back-0in.wav,0.028

From memory that sounded extremely close to some of the tones on "Clutching". Nicely done!

If you'd care to share any of your steve/marillion presets I'd love to try them out. Do you have anything that is close to a typical Rothery "bluesy" lead sound for example?

Nice ! Liked the Chorus a lot ! What settings are you using for that if you don't mind me asking ?

drkdick said:
From memory that sounded extremely close to some of the tones on "Clutching". Nicely done!

If you'd care to share any of your steve/marillion presets I'd love to try them out. Do you have anything that is close to a typical Rothery "bluesy" lead sound for example?

I haven,t started yet with his Bluesy lead tone because i think Steve uses his Groove Tubes Trio and i was hoping that someday we get that amp in the Axe also :p

I included his leadpatch also but i use his Analogman DS1 in the loop so you have to pick i think the rat to get close yourself.
Also i included 2 real nice Andrew Lathimer patches for who likes a bit of Camel .. For me it is Ice spot on with the redwirez mix from Scott for the Fender Twin.

VegaBaby said:
Nice ! Liked the Chorus a lot ! What settings are you using for that if you don't mind me asking ?

It is a copy made of my old Boss CE-300

In above post the patch is included.

Wow, Marillion and Camel in the same post. I can see this thread quickly turning inte a geeky discussion about Fish's vs. Andy Ward's drinking habits :D

Sincere thanks for the presets and the tips, I'll be sure to try them out.

Back
Top Bottom