jbl jrx100

I have some but have not got a chance to use them yet. Axe fx 2 isnt here yet lol. Anyway Im going to try these monday. Did you have any luck with them?

I didn't like them. MDF and poor crossover (harsh sounding), not to mention it's a JRX line. I would recommend the EV EL112 passive cabinet actually. Wood enclosure, lighter, just sounds better! inexpensive too! The 100 will work, but for not much money, the EV's are a nice step up.

Last edited:
I didn't like them. MDF and poor crossover (harsh sounding), not to mention it's a JRX line. I would recommend the EV EL112 passive cabinet actually. Wood enclosure, lighter, just sounds better! inexpensive too! The 100 will work, but for not much money, the EV's are a nice step up.

+1

I play a club that has the JRX100 monitors. Compared to my JBL4702 wedges, the JRX100's sound like razor blades.
I'm sure you 'can' get a decent sound without doing too much tweaking....but keep in mind Pestvic, if it sounds bad...it's not the Axe.

For sure BBN, Thanks for the info guys. Ive been running the Peavey 115s and they sound pretty damn good. A little harsh in some areas, but still awesome! I heard the Peavey 112s are better? Ill take a look at the EVEL112s :)

Yes, those are the ones. I would recommend those over the JRX.

very cool :) Im starting to find out that these other (A LOT cheaper) brands are a way better choice overall. I just watched the video from axe fest that showed different FRFR and the CFR12's didnt even sound the best out of all of them? I guess I'll just have to find what sounds best for me :)

Back
Top Bottom