Jazz Amps with Tweeters

Jerry K.

Experienced
I am curious if any of you have tried the Axe through something like a Henricksen Jazz Amp JazzAmp 112-ER | Henriksen Amps. It has a tweeter that can be turned on and of and blended to taste, seems like it might be a good match for the Axe. I am currently without an Axe-FX but planning on getting one again soon.

My biggest frustration when I had one was my ability to get what I consider a convincing fenerish clean. I had a Clr and it still didn't do it for me personally when it came to a great clean (I know others have found their perfect sound with them) I currently have a Hendrickson and think it sounds pretty good with a boss GP-10 set to full range out so it seems like this should be a good match, right?

Any input or thoughts appreciated!

The CLR spits out what you give it, sounds more like an IR issue than a reproduction one.

I use my Axe-FX II at home through a pair of Raezer's Edge extended-range cabinets, with the tweeter controls turned partway up. I'm really happy with how this sounds, but the RE speakers do have a hump in the bass response that makes some Axe presets a bit boomy. It's easily dialed out in the Axe.

My gigs require mostly straight jazz sounds that I get easily with just a plain amp, but for occasional rock gigs I've used either RE cabs or Acoustic Image combos with a variety of modelers with good results. If I did that more often I'd probably get a dedicated FRFR powered speaker system.

Axe-FXII_zps02cc65ac.jpg~original

Danny W.

I use my Axe-FX II at home through a pair of Raezer's Edge extended-range cabinets, with the tweeter controls turned partway up. I'm really happy with how this sounds, but the RE speakers do have a hump in the bass response that makes some Axe presets a bit boomy. It's easily dialed out in the Axe.

My gigs require mostly straight jazz sounds that I get easily with just a plain amp, but for occasional rock gigs I've used either RE cabs or Acoustic Image combos with a variety of modelers with good results. If I did that more often I'd probably get a dedicated FRFR powered speaker system.

Danny W.

I want your guitars.

Danny W.

Absolutely beautiful collection of guitars..

Danny W.

The Raezer's Edge cabinet looks like a similar concept to the Henriksen with the adjustable tweeter. I think I will try it and see what happens. By the way, awesome guitar collection!

I want your guitars.

The Raezer's Edge cabinet looks like a similar concept to the Henriksen with the adjustable tweeter. I think I will try it and see what happens. By the way, awesome guitar collection!

To paraphrase Mr. Dundee, "That's not a guitar collection, THIS is a guitar collection!"

05594b02.jpg~original

(Just teasin')

Anyway, it's supposed to be about the speaker cabs.

Danny W.

So I finally got to play my Axe FX through a Henriksen Jazz 12 w/tweeter. All I can say is it was awesome. I kept all the modeling on and it was perhaps the best sound I have gotten out of the Axe, I was very pleasantly surprised. I will try it some more later to see if I still feel the same but it was impressive.

I was just reading the current issue of Premier guitar which is highlighting the Henriksen amps.. And, they look like a match made in heaven for Modelers..

Back
Top Bottom