Not a Bug Jazz 120 volume too low

What is the Master Volume set to? I seem to recall this coming up relative to Axe Fx III and it's because the MV is defaulting to 5 instead of 10 and it's non-MV.

I did a quick search of the wiki and yek's amp guide, which says this:

AFAIK the real amp has no Master Volume control. But the model’s Master doesn’t default to 10, which accounts for the model’s very low output. I believe this may be an oversight, so I always turn up the Master control to 10. I also engage the Bright switch. It's been a while since I tested this model, and with these settings it delivers a very nice clean tone with body.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...odels-jazz-120-roland-jazz-chorus-120.113865/

What is the Master Volume set to? I seem to recall this coming up relative to Axe Fx III and it's because the MV is defaulting to 5 instead of 10 and it's non-MV.

I did a quick search of the wiki and yek's amp guide, which says this:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...odels-jazz-120-roland-jazz-chorus-120.113865/
Tried The JazzChorus with init Amp settings. These are: Gain: 5; Master: 3; Level: -12; so Volume is way to low (Using the Preset leveling Tool, i have to turn Level to 0dB, but it sounds not like a Jazz Chorus, the sound has a light crunch in it.

When i turn the Master Volume up to 10 (as you told) and Level -12 the Sound is much more distorted.

So i have to bring Input Drive to 2.5; Master: 10 and Level to -7 to get a clean sound! A little more Input drive and it distorts.
I think this modell should be reworked, it dont behaves like a real JazzChorus 120. (once upon a time there i owned one myself...)

I dont see any Transitor types in the pre- and poweramp sections to select - only tubes. May this be the problem because the JC120 is a real transistor amp?

FM3 2.0beta

Tried The JazzChorus with init Amp settings. These are: Gain: 5; Master: 3; Level: -12; so Volume is way to low (Using the Preset leveling Tool, i have to turn Level to 0dB, but it sounds not like a Jazz Chorus, the sound has a light crunch in it.

When i turn the Master Volume up to 10 (as you told) and Level -12 the Sound is much more distorted.

So i have to bring Input Drive to 2.5; Master: 10 and Level to -7 to get a clean sound! A little more Input drive and it distorts.
I think this modell should be reworked, it dont behaves like a real JazzChorus 120. (once upon a time there i owned one myself...)

I dont see any Transitor types in the pre- and poweramp sections to select - only tubes. May this be the problem because the JC120 is a real transistor amp?

FM3 2.0beta
What does the real JC sound like with the channel volume set at 5?

Chris, i know the JC120 at 5 is very loud, but here it is distorting even at 3! (Also in Yek's Amp guide it is called "ultra clean")
I know, its dependent of the input signal so if its to high, the transistor poweramp gets hard-clipped! (I see it in the headroom-level meter). I don't own this amp anymore, so maybe its different as in my remembrance!
Now i know how to use this model and it sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom