AFIII Jammin with Collective Soul (in a recording - not in real life)

Brian Coonan

Power User
Finally coming out of having Covid symptoms (and testing positive) for the last week and just wanted to play some guitar - saw a clip of this tune and it seemed fun...was fun - always dug Collective Soul's ability to write all those catchy tunes. This is just the Axe into logic, but using the virtual capo to take my guitar down 1/2 step. That was really what I wanted to test because coming up, I'll be playing in a cover band and we'll be going back and forth between standard and Eb - this told me that I have nothing to worry about with using the Axe to do that! Using the Brit Silver Model and the Legacy 4x12 Basketweave G12M25 (RW) cab. Little bit of Compulsion Distortion HP, Studio FB Comp 1, and some delay.

Kinda bummed that Guitar Backing tracks site is gone, so just playing along with the band.

Hope everyone is doing good and staying safe!

Finally coming out of having Covid symptoms (and testing positive) for the last week and just wanted to play some guitar - saw a clip of this tune and it seemed fun...was fun - always dug Collective Soul's ability to write all those catchy tunes. This is just the Axe into logic, but using the virtual capo to take my guitar down 1/2 step. That was really what I wanted to test because coming up, I'll be playing in a cover band and we'll be going back and forth between standard and Eb - this told me that I have nothing to worry about with using the Axe to do that! Using the Brit Silver Model and the Legacy 4x12 Basketweave G12M25 (RW) cab. Little bit of Compulsion Distortion HP, Studio FB Comp 1, and some delay.

Kinda bummed that Guitar Backing tracks site is gone, so just playing along with the band.

This song slaps! Great cover!

Sounds awesome Brian haven’t played that song in a while love that tune. Heavy Rocks.
Hate to hear you had the Covid but really glad to hear you are doing alright. Lost several friends last year to it.
Stay Healthy :)

Sounds awesome Brian haven’t played that song in a while love that tune. Heavy Rocks.
Hate to hear you had the Covid but really glad to hear you are doing alright. Lost several friends last year to it.
Stay Healthy :)
Thanks man, and thanks for the well wishes. Condolences to you on the loss of your friends - very sad.

You stay healthy as well! :)

Back
Top Bottom