Jammin`on some old school Death Metal...

Microdomus

Inspired
... and man, Deicide has got some damn fine riffs! The Youtube clip`s got EMG pickups going on the left side, and BKP Aftermaths on the right(the guitar I`m playing in the clip). The Soundcloud clip has EMG on both sides. Two guitars recorded, panned left & right. For the guitar tone I used the FAS` Mark IIC+(USA IIC+ NORM) amp, and scooped it a bit more in the mixing prosess in order to get more of a old school wibe to the sound. Thought I`d share this for some weird social reason...

:)

Love this!!! The tone sounds great and the riffs... Oh man, the riffs!!! Some of my favourites of Deicide right there.

Throw in a nod to Seasons at the end and I was in heaven! Nice work dude

Next up: Bolt Thrower! I could have covered the whole "Mercenary" album, the riffs are just phenomenal! Such an awesome band, really good songwriting. Ended up with this 5 minute medley instead. BKP`s Aftermath set through my custom AXE-FX 2 "Micro`s Crunch" patch. The same patch as the Deicide cover, just EQ`d differently...

And finally, some Dissection and Paradise Lost. This Paradise Lost track isn`t exactly death metal, but the band were at least considered to be a force within that genre one time. One of my all time fave tunes.

Dissection is among my top 10 bands of all time, regardless musical genre.

The guitar tone is the same as the clips above, using the Mark IIC+. Both track have the usual programmed backing track, drums and keys. Recorded using Logic Pro 9.

sounds great man! although it was almost painful to listen to the dissection cover and not have it go into night's blood haha i think i gotta go listen to that album now!

Back
Top Bottom