Jam using Princeton Amp block. I love this amp!

I make these comments only as a listener because you're clearly a much better player than I am.

One - if you were trying to show off the amp in any way, it was really hard to hear it because of the wah. While I enjoyed the wah, liked the way it was used, etc. You can't hear the color/dirty/clean sounds of the amp because the wah overshadows it.

two - I'd prefer more space in the playing. It's fast and furious almost the entire time. The brief pauses are only that - just pauses. Those fast and furious runs come so often I fear they lose their power if they are run together so frequently. Perhaps build up to them and then slow it down again. If you have an ebb and flow to the speed of the playing, it can move your audience more.

Again - great playing. Wish I could do half of that. Sound is great as well. I can see why you like the amp.

Its what it is, some times I'm in the mood to jam fast and others slow. I guess I shouldn't have used a blues track to jam along to. Try to ignore my playing and just hear the sound.

Last edited:
Agreed! Great playing is like sex - can't start in 4th gear and stay there. A little foreplay, a little teasing, a little grinding, a little pounding - it's all about the journey.

That said, you (OP) play like a motha!
I make these comments only as a listener because you're clearly a much better player than I am.

One - if you were trying to show off the amp in any way, it was really hard to hear it because of the wah. While I enjoyed the wah, liked the way it was used, etc. You can't hear the color/dirty/clean sounds of the amp because the wah overshadows it.

two - I'd prefer more space in the playing. It's fast and furious almost the entire time. The brief pauses are only that - just pauses. Those fast and furious runs come so often I fear they lose their power if they are run together so frequently. Perhaps build up to them and then slow it down again. If you have an ebb and flow to the speed of the playing, it can move your audience more.

Again - great playing. Wish I could do half of that. Sound is great as well. I can see why you like the amp.

Even though i did jam some fast guitar parts which don't always go with the blues real well. I also played some pretty cool slower techniques within this improv. One thing I like to do sometimes is use my finger to pick a note that i am bending just to give it that certain tone that the guitar pick doesn't give it. This recording also demonstrates very well how nicely the wah wah pedal works with the Axe FX. And there are some parts where I clean up the sound using the volume on the guitar and you can tell this amp model cleans up nicely. Even with the fast notes you can hear the pick very cleanly. I still say this is one of my favorite amps that's one of the coolest things about the axe everybody gets a different sound out of it.

Back
Top Bottom