I've been thinking about this thread idea ..

Stringmanipulator

Power User
We all know the sum of knowledge talent, experience is huge on this forum,
and no doubt most of us have about 50 guitar players or so that we're all familiar
with or inspired of etc ... or maybe 150 ... but y'all get what I mean.

Thinking about the well known name in the music business and the ones that
frequents magazines videos etc, and the missed ones that has left this world.

I'm thinking it would be cool to have a thread where we all share influences and
talented musicians that may not be so well known, or maybe semi professional
guitar players and so on.

Maybe share a musician / group and then just type a roughly category so that people
can expand their musical library and find new inspiration and fellow musicians.

For example before I joined this forum I had never heard of Pete Thorn, or Marco Sfogli ..
And we've all stumbled over fantastic albums in the past by coincidence or recommendations.

Just an idea I've had for a while ..

So I am wondering is this something that we could do?
any interest of such a thread?

Great Idea....let's start with it right here!

Damon Fowler

There are tons of blues guitar players out there, way too much to handle! In early 2010 I stumbled over an album called "Sugar Shack" by a young guitarist from florida. After shake-hands with the owner of the record store (yeah I sometimes go into a real store when buying music), he handle me the CD, saying I should have a listen.....well, useless to say - I liked what I heard - so I bought the CD right away!

If you're into Dobro, Lap-Steel and some real deal blues/country/swampy feel with a unique soulful voice, this album is highly recommended! :encouragement: There is even a new one out.....

just awesome!!!

Check him out -> Damon Fowler

Neurosis have been around forever. Not sure how "unknown" they are in music nerd circles. Doom metal early on, but always experimental. Minimalist in some ways, progressive in others. Love 'em. Here's one of the more introspective numbers:

Their guitarists also have side projects that are in a different vein entirely. Here's one from Steve Von Till:

Back
Top Bottom