It's nice to finally be able to use the Looper (with a question)

atquinn

Power User
Having the FC12 has made me remember how much fun the looper is!

Having said that, I have a workflow question.

So...
1. Push record: It starts recording the loop
2. Push record: It stops recording and starts playing back the loop
3. Push record: It starts overdubbing another loop
4. Push record: It does nothing; it's still overdubbing
5. Push Play: It stops overdubbing and continues playing

Anyway to get pushing record to stop overdubbing? It seems like it would be logical give the way steps 1 and 2 function. However, from what I can see it is currently not possible?

Austin

Last edited:
Having the FC12 has made me remember how much fun the looper is!

Having said that, I have a workflow question.

So...
1. Push record: It starts recording the loop
2. Push record: It stop recording and starts playing back the loop
3. Push record: It starts overdubbing another loop
4. Push record: It does nothing; it's still overdubbing
5. Push Play: It stops overdubbing and continues playing

Anyway to get pushing record to stop overdubbing? It seems like it would be logical give the way steps 1 and 2 function. However, from what I can see it is currently not possible?

Austin
Play will always be the final "play" button to press.

this is hard to type out and convey, but it's because there is an option for what Record does on its second press. since it's possible to make it so the Record button never "plays" the loop with other settings, the Play button basically has to be able to enable the "play" function.

i personally have it set so Rec 2nd press is Stop. that way i can record something, but stop it so i can play the chorus chords immediately in the song i'm playing. otherwise i'd have to press play 2x quickly to stop recording and stop the loop from playing. i personally never have to immediately overdub. the Stop function is much better for me. also if i mess up the loop, i can stop immediately, rather than having to play the loop for even a split second.

i think you'd have to make this a Wish item.

Back
Top Bottom