Its nearly new guitar day, and a link to a guitar craftsman.

Dixiethedog

Experienced
Yeah!! I'm getting myself a new to me Gibson Les Paul Standard next week!! And possibly a litre of acetone and some new scrapers.
I've been watching Eightbomb Customs videos on Youtube and I'm hooked on the idea of doing a nice nitro refinish on a Les Paul. The guitar I've arranged to buy is the wrong colour (UK, LOL) for me. The smaller pic at the bottom is the guitar I'm getting.
I've actually signed up as a patron on Eightbombs Patreon page so that I can access the much more detailed videos that he produces. The YT vids are good but the Patreon "Maker" videos are superb. I'd love to go with a Gary Moore/Greeny unburst-amber finish.
Please check out his work on YT. The finished Greeny LP in my opinion (worthless...lol) looks fab!

Attachments

• 274227599_7343109495714311_7251783836061461150_n.jpg
    274227599_7343109495714311_7251783836061461150_n.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
@Pwrmac7600 , thanks for your interest. I'm also a Gibson geek.
The one I'm getting is a 2003 Std, 60's neck, Gibson pup in the neck position and a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge position.
At the moment I have a 70's 3 pup LP Custom (my main guitar), a Norlin era Deluxe that has been standard-ized, and a modded LP studio (refinished, MOP Gibson headstock inlay, Tim Shaw pups),
I'm not a fan of the red sunburst finish on the one I'm getting next week so that will get stripped down and refinished, nitro with some aged parts.
What Gibson(s) do you have?

****!!!!!!!!! The seller of what was going to be my new to me LP Standard has backed out of the sale having tried some Strats and having discovered that as we all know, Les Pauls are much better than strats decided to keep his guitar! LOL My search for another LP locally shall continue.

****!!!!!!!!! The seller of what was going to be my new to me LP Standard has backed out of the sale having tried some Strats and having discovered that as we all know, Les Pauls are much better than strats decided to keep his guitar! LOL My search for another LP locally shall continue.
awww man that sucks, I use to have a 2003 standard and I loved it. It was a very lively guitar, and the neck felt incredible. due to herd thinning thought it sadly left.

Back
Top Bottom