It's Megadeth.

GREAT playing! The tone was certainly in the ballpark, but I think the recorded version is a little brighter/tighter/drier, for lack of a better description. I believe someone was looking for this tone in the General Discussion forum. This would be a great place for them to start tweaking.

Thanks for sharing!

Regs,
Jeff

Damn bjoo... the part I'm more impressed with is the tone and playing of Marty's parts... Dave's part were definitely in the ballpark but Marty's were almost spot on... especially the tone!!! Great job!!! Now get a midi device and upload these patches boy!!!! :D

Awesome! Sounds great, and I wish I could play that cleanly.

Great to hear you go for the high-G in Marty's first solo! So many people avoid it. Did you just do a 1-1/2 step bend at the 24th fret?

A couple of things:
The riff once the rhythm section gets going goes D E (bunch of low E's) G E (bunch more low E's). Sorry I don't feel like typing all the -----s to tab it.
If you check the original, you can hear the line going d up to e, then g down to e.

Right after the clean nylon-string guitar break, the slower riff is fourths, not fifths.
C-F B-E ... B-E C-F D-G etc. you're playing C-G B-F# ... B-F# C-G D-A

A little bit further, rhythm guitar on it's own should be:
open E, D-E, B-F#, low E-C-G...

Great job if you lifted this by ear though! :)

Back
Top Bottom