It's in!!!

count_chocolat

Experienced
First, it's expensive after you finish with the US exchange, shipping, brokerage and taxes...that pain lasted about 5 minutes.

The people at Fractal really pay attention to detail. Very well packed with simple instructions.

Did the firmware update, all programmed and ready to rock!!!

What a fantastic controller, I'm really impressed.

Anyone else have in Canada.

Mine has cleared customs in Toronto...... Any day now !!!!

Any done any Blue LED mods yet? LOL

That's what she said!

...oh... yeah, I'm in Canada and I've got one as well :)

It looks and works great. One complaint so far is that Vol Incr/Decr does not work well with the MFC.
I emailed support over a week ago about this, but am still waiting for them to get back to me. I guess they're busy ;)

Disclaimer: This is what I think is going on:

When assigning two IA switches to Vol incr/decr, you first have to set AxeFx IA to none for those switches and then assign the Vol++/Vol-- CC values to those switches. The problem is that whenever you switch presets, the MFC will send the current state of the switches to the AxeFx.
This causes the preset volume to be incremented/decremented by 1db (or 0.9db), immediately saved, then the volume change is reverted and the preset is saved again for the second switch. Audibly, you'll hear a pop when switching presets.

A workaround is to use external momentary switches for this and connect them to the back of the AxeFx.

tgunn said:

When assigning two IA switches to Vol incr/decr, you first have to set AxeFx IA to none for those switches and then assign the Vol++/Vol-- CC values to those switches. The problem is that whenever you switch presets, the MFC will send the current state of the switches to the AxeFx.
This causes the preset volume to be incremented/decremented by 1db (or 0.9db), immediately saved, then the volume change is reverted and the preset is saved again for the second switch. Audibly, you'll hear a pop when switching presets.

A workaround is to use external momentary switches for this and connect them to the back of the AxeFx.
Maybe put them on a IA under the Reveal? There has got to be a way around this, let us know as that would be a deal breaker for me.

tgunn said:

Or you have to change those IAs on the MFC to momentary; its in the edit menu, not the MIDI menu where you'd think...

I already tried momentary, latching and programming my own midi stream. The on/off state is always sent.
Also, it doesn't matter if you have to press 'Reveal' or not - the IA switch behavior remains the same.

tgunn said:
I already tried momentary, latching and programming my own midi stream. The on/off state is always sent.
Also, it doesn't matter if you have to press 'Reveal' or not - the IA switch behavior remains the same.
Maybe email Fractal and get their thought.

TBurst Std said:
tgunn said:
Maybe email Fractal and get their thought.
I sent an email to support on the 19th of September and two more since. No reply yet.

EDIT: Support just sent me an email back confirming that the click is due to the +/- messages. So I'll just wait for the fix and use external momentary switches meanwhile.

Back
Top Bottom