Its arrived!!

Same setup as me. The FR212 is a wonderful speaker. Mine all arrived on the Friday and I gigged with it on the Saturday. Sounded pretty lousy. A year later and I've learnt so much. I'm lovin it. Be patient and trawl the forum. Everything you can ask is in here or the wiki somewhere.
I had an ht60 a while back. Great amp. Do I miss any of my tube amps. Not a bit. Haven't plugged into a 'real' amp since the axe landed. Enjoy the journey!

Do you guys find a cab better for monitoring instead of a wedge? I was thinking of getting a Matrix GT100FX 1U and either an NS12 or CFR12 wedge. I wasn't sure which way to go?

I'm new to all this so cannot comment really, however i do like a noise behnid me, hence the cab, but it will be going FOH through our PA as well, used to do the same with the Blackstar using the emulated out. Just gives my sound guy a bit of control, and makes me happy

Like I said probably very minor, but the board on the matrix is on the bottom and the fan for the Axe is on top, board on the bottom. Just thinking about minimizing any heat exchange.

Do you guys find a cab better for monitoring instead of a wedge? I was thinking of getting a Matrix GT100FX 1U and either an NS12 or CFR12 wedge. I wasn't sure which way to go?

I stand my fr212 on end so I hear it ok unless I'm right on top of it. Lately I've been playing so sloppy I'd rather not hear anything tbh.....
I have output 2 going foh so sometimes I'll use iem. Depends on venue and my mood.

Love it!!! Is my dream!!!
Let me dreaming... are you running that cab mono or stereo?
It's a mono cab

I've a FR212 too ..... Matrix, why didn't you put rubber feet on one of the short sides too so it can rest on them when put on it's side like you did with the NL212?? :)

I stand my fr212 on end so I hear it ok unless I'm right on top of it. Lately I've been playing so sloppy I'd rather not hear anything tbh.....
I have output 2 going foh so sometimes I'll use iem. Depends on venue and my mood.

I have a small speaker stand that tilts the cab back a few degrees, makes all the difference on stage, used it with my other stuff for about a year now. But as i always run FOH as well, i can always get some of me from the fall backs as well.

That's one of the reason I'm investing in an Axe setup. I'm sick of not hearing myself properly on stage. I'm temped to try the Matrix wedges just to see what one sounds like.

Back
Top Bottom