Wish It would be great if each switch had a small LCD screen

Are you referring to the FAMC pedals that haven't been released yet? ;) The Liquid Foot+ Pro+ is $600 less than the Mastermind GT22 which is certainly a chunk of change. But presumably you're will to pay more for something that says "Fractal" on it (or else you would have just bought a Liquid Foot+ Pro+?). So, say $1300? $1400? And when? 2 years from now? At some point, if you really need it, paying more to have it now would seem to be reasonable. Especially since, if a LCD-screen-enabled MFC does come along, you'll almost certainly need to buy an Axe FX III in order to use it :)

And I think the editor for the Mastermind is fine (not perfect, but it gets the job done well IMO), but obviously YMMV.
-
Austin

Haha, I know FAMC are taking the biscuit with this wait for the release right. The only reason I haven't bought the Liquid Foot+ Pro is because its too big, I want the LF+ 12+ because i don't need 22 switches. They have informed me they are not making anymore 12+'s because they are releasing the x-series but its been over a year now so no go for me with FAMC. Meanwhile the Mastermind is just too pricey for me. I'd be comparing the Mastermind GT/16 - $1499 or the LF+ 12+ or X-series (16) - $899 (I have been told by FAMC that the price for the X-series will be the same), so as you can see the mastermind prices look pretty high and as far as i can tell there isn't much difference in functionality.

On the other hand the MFC-101 (€799 / $904 but no import duty, hurrah!) does nearly everything I want. The issue I have with it is that it won't really be any better for me at the moment than my crappy FCB1010 UNO other than having better build quality. I'm also having to use two footswitches to go up and down between all the presets so I place them in order of the set on the axe. It's all very annoying to say the least. Essentially, my pedal board layout needs to change with every preset/song which is why for me is absolutely vital to have the LCD labels that can be completely flexible depending upon which song I'm playing and I won't have to memorise hundreds of different configurations. Stomp labels are out of the question because my current set list uses in excess of 60 presets each with a different set of stomps, scenes and functions. In fact, because of the limitations of the FCB I'm only using scenes and don't have any block on-off stomps in my set up because all the presets use entirely different blocks.

Compared to the LF+ 12+ the MFC looks expensive considering it doesn't have the LCD's I so much desire. I know I have to pay more if i want better stuff but its not easy getting this kind of money together so any reduction in price means a lot to me. It's a shame FAMC haven't made any more 12+ units and are taking so bloody long with the x-series.

Sorry for the rant! Hopefully you can see where I'm coming from here...

Thanks for being a sounding board guys! Thinking about it now I might just have to save that little bit harder and get the mastermind GT/16. Given FAMC's slow release time and broken promises I'm not exactly filled with confidence about their company and to have heard some praise on here for the mastermind has made me think again. The extra features may come in useful too I suppose (I can already think of several uses being able to send a midi clock out to the band for example).

What would your views on getting a Mastermind now vs waiting for the FAMC x-series be?

Haha, I know FAMC are taking the biscuit with this wait for the release right. The only reason I haven't bought the Liquid Foot+ Pro is because its too big, I want the LF+ 12+ because i don't need 22 switches. They have informed me they are not making anymore 12+'s because they are releasing the x-series but its been over a year now so no go for me with FAMC. Meanwhile the Mastermind is just too pricey for me. I'd be comparing the Mastermind GT/16 - $1499 or the LF+ 12+ or X-series (16) - $899 (I have been told by FAMC that the price for the X-series will be the same), so as you can see the mastermind prices look pretty high and as far as i can tell there isn't much difference in functionality.

On the other hand the MFC-101 (€799 / $904 but no import duty, hurrah!) does nearly everything I want. The issue I have with it is that it won't really be any better for me at the moment than my crappy FCB1010 UNO other than having better build quality. I'm also having to use two footswitches to go up and down between all the presets so I place them in order of the set on the axe. It's all very annoying to say the least. Essentially, my pedal board layout needs to change with every preset/song which is why for me is absolutely vital to have the LCD labels that can be completely flexible depending upon which song I'm playing and I won't have to memorise hundreds of different configurations. Stomp labels are out of the question because my current set list uses in excess of 60 presets each with a different set of stomps, scenes and functions. In fact, because of the limitations of the FCB I'm only using scenes and don't have any block on-off stomps in my set up because all the presets use entirely different blocks.

Compared to the LF+ 12+ the MFC looks expensive considering it doesn't have the LCD's I so much desire. I know I have to pay more if i want better stuff but its not easy getting this kind of money together so any reduction in price means a lot to me. It's a shame FAMC haven't made any more 12+ units and are taking so bloody long with the x-series.

Sorry for the rant! Hopefully you can see where I'm coming from here...

Yup, I can see where you're coming from. I got my Mastermind GT for an (IMO) very good price used although it's still expensive as hell. I took a look at the Liquidfoot stuff and I would assume that it's just as good feature-wise, but if I'm going to spend that much money on something, I would also want great support. From what I can see, Liquidfoot can be a bit unreliable on that front. On the other hand, Mastermind support has been superb IME.
-
Austin

Yup, I can see where you're coming from. I got my Mastermind GT for an (IMO) very good price used although it's still expensive as hell. I took a look at the Liquidfoot stuff and I would assume that it's just as good feature-wise, but if I'm going to spend that much money on something, I would also want great support. From what I can see, Liquidfoot can be a bit unreliable on that front. On the other hand, Mastermind support has been superb IME.
-
Austin

Thanks for the info man, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom