Wish It would be great if each switch had a small LCD screen

The new liquid foot stuff coming out will have individual highres color displays for every button. Nuts, scared to think what the cost is going to be.

The new liquid foot stuff coming out will have individual highres color displays for every button. Nuts, scared to think what the cost is going to be.

Hey DP

Pretty sure it's $1,299., but you can trade in any midi controller and get $400 off, so for the 12 button $899. There are some restrictions on which controller but I believe they have to be less than $200 to produce. weird kind of-so only cheap ones?

There is a thread about the restrictions in FAMC forum

From what I've seen the Helix controller doesn't even have Midi In or Out... I think it's a Cat 5/6 connection. Maybe it can be hacked to work with Cat 5/6 connection on the Axe-fx!

You can give a French speaking person and a Japanese speaking person phones to talk with each other, but they still won't be able to communicate.

FAS could make that floorboard, in a NY minute. It's nothing that hasn't already been done.
Line 6, simply, capitalized on RJM and Liquidfoot products, with less compatibility.
The really is no need to make one anyway, because of RJM and LF, you can buy a LF Jr.
for like $499.00 and it has an editor that learns the axe-fx II, in seconds.
All the midi CC's are there for the taking, same with RJM products. :) Google it up!

FAS could make that floorboard, in a NY minute. It's nothing that hasn't already been done.
Line 6, simply, capitalized on RJM and Liquidfoot products, with less compatibility.
The really is no need to make one anyway, because of RJM and LF, you can buy a LF Jr.
for like $499.00 and it has an editor that learns the axe-fx II, in seconds.
All the midi CC's are there for the taking, same with RJM products. :) Google it up!

I totally agree, Liquid foot and RJM both look great and I think fractal should take a closer look :)

I think your neglecting to realize the importance that the bulk buying power of a company owned by Yamaha has. They can bury costs in other places to bring the price down on other items.

That is not how Yamaha works at all. Nor would most manufacturers do that as it isn't a wise practice as standard. I've worked in audio manufacturing for over half of my life, including some time at Yamaha. I'm not just making this up.

An alternative to little screens for each button would be a screen displaying the layout of your controller.
I've been trying to find something that would display images using MIDI.
No luck so far.

I still think this would be an awesome idea. Since I posted this over a year ago I've been waiting for FAMC to release their next line of pedals. They are so slow its unbelievable really. And RJM masterminds are nearly twice the price. I'm fairly sure there is a gap here for FAS? LCD's would be a vast improvement in the usability of the MFC. Since when does a company that produces the worlds most expensive guitar FX processor compromise price over quality and why are these forums full of armchair CEO's? I thought we were musicians and artists not business men!

I still think this would be an awesome idea. Since I posted this over a year ago I've been waiting for FAMC to release their next line of pedals. They are so slow its unbelievable really. And RJM masterminds are nearly twice the price. I'm fairly sure there is a gap here for FAS? LCD's would be a vast improvement in the usability of the MFC. Since when does a company that produces the worlds most expensive guitar FX processor compromise price over quality and why are these forums full of armchair CEO's? I thought we were musicians and artists not business men!

You're not really making sense. You point out that Fractal makes the world's most expensive guitar FX processor and they they don't put price over quality. And yet, you're expecting them to produce something comparable to a Mastermind GT that costs less? :D
-
Austin

You're not really making sense. You point out that Fractal makes the world's most expensive guitar FX processor and they they don't put price over quality. And yet, you're expecting them to produce something comparable to a Mastermind GT that costs less? :D
-
Austin

Well the FAMC liquid foot pedal costs significantly less than the mastermind and is definitely comparable so there is living proof. Basically, I think the mastermind is way overpriced, the editor is awful and its not available from a distributor here in Europe. Plus it has way more functions than needed when all you really want is programable LCD labels for proper visual feedback onstage. I can't be the only one who requires a different pedal board layout for each song?

Well the FAMC liquid foot pedal costs significantly less than the mastermind...

Are you referring to the FAMC pedals that haven't been released yet? ;) The Liquid Foot+ Pro+ is $600 less than the Mastermind GT22 which is certainly a chunk of change. But presumably you're will to pay more for something that says "Fractal" on it (or else you would have just bought a Liquid Foot+ Pro+?). So, say $1300? $1400? And when? 2 years from now? At some point, if you really need it, paying more to have it now would seem to be reasonable. Especially since, if a LCD-screen-enabled MFC does come along, you'll almost certainly need to buy an Axe FX III in order to use it :)

And I think the editor for the Mastermind is fine (not perfect, but it gets the job done well IMO), but obviously YMMV.
-
Austin

Well the FAMC liquid foot pedal costs significantly less than the mastermind and is definitely comparable so there is living proof. Basically, I think the mastermind is way overpriced, the editor is awful and its not available from a distributor here in Europe. Plus it has way more functions than needed when all you really want is programable LCD labels for proper visual feedback onstage. I can't be the only one who requires a different pedal board layout for each song?

Not so, you can buy one from these guys in Germany.

http://www.loopersparadise.de/en/index.php?p=907

The editor is fine. I work with it all the time.

European sales: www.loopersparadise.de

Plus it has way more functions than needed when all you really want"

Every user has its own list of desired features.

Back
Top Bottom