It works! $99 Windows 10 Tablet Running AX8-Edit

With the nextbook flex. Anybody having problem downloading the axe send tool with smartscreen blocking it? Running Windows 10.1

Trying to shut smartscreen off but having no luck

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/CHUW...G6MjZIKUKsVge-6ofORdLtunxKsgbIOq8FxoCMP_w_wcB
I disconnected the keyboard from the Nextbook Flexx 10 and connected it to my AX8. AX8-Edit runs great on what is now a tablet. Response when changing presets or scenes or calling up different blocks or swapping x/y etc... seems similar enough speed wise to my i7 16GB MacMini. Backing up the AX8 using Fractal Bot was slow, but it did work.

The beauty of this for me is that I can now tweak and create presets on my AX8 anywhere. I don't have to bring it upstairs to my computer. That means I can have it hooked up to whatever system I have set up in the basement at the time whether it be my Bose L1, Alto monitors, an acoustic guitar amp, in 4cm with an amp etc..... This is awesome. And I have a decently cool Windows tablet and mini pc with the keyboard. I'll still stick with my iPad for most tablet use though...

Cool idea... If you have old man vision(like me)... This 12" tablet rocks for $250. I use it for my screen mixer for my Air -18 Sorry about the big print . I hate to type so I just pasted it here.
CHUWI Hi12 12 inch Dual OS Windows10 + Android5.1 4GB/64GB 2in1 Ultrabook Tablet PC Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 Quad Core 1.84GHz IPS 2160*1440 HDMI Some good reviews on you tube here is where I got mine. http://www.geekbuying.com/item/CHUWI-Hi12-12-Inch-Windows10-4GB-64GB-Tablet-PC-Intel-Cherry-Trail-Z8300-Quad-Core-1-84GHz-IPS-2160-1440-HDMI---Gray-363093.html?Currency=USD&catargetid=120190870000000468&cadevice=c&gclid=CjwKEAjw9OG4BRDJzY3jrMng4iQSJABddor1ZgRGGs-G6MjZIKUKsVge-6ofORdLtunxKsgbIOq8FxoCMP_w_wcB

Last edited:
Has anyone used one of those little wireless blue tooth adapters and this nextbook to do some wireless editing vie blue tooth? seems like it would be a perfect assuming it works

Has anyone used one of those little wireless blue tooth adapters and this nextbook to do some wireless editing vie blue tooth? seems like it would be a perfect assuming it works
I was just looking into this. Looks like midi-over-bluetooth isn't supported on Windows yet. However, you may be able to use one of the PUC devices, since it does MIDI over WiFi.

I was just looking into this. Looks like midi-over-bluetooth isn't supported on Windows yet. However, you may be able to use one of the PUC devices, since it does MIDI over WiFi.
Interesting. So only Apple does midi over blue tooth right now?

David -Is this the same one pretty much? $118 at walmart in Florida
Thanks Frank

Nextbook Flexx 10.1" 2-in-1 Tablet 32GB Intel Atom Z3735F Quad-Core Processor Windows 10

Not sure why bluetooth wasn't part of the AX8, sure does change the editing game an awful lot

I tried a different one - This is a true tablet, and it is 8" so it is really small. It also requires an OTG cable (on the go USB), so I was not sure, if it would work or not. The tablet is this one http://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/NT.L7GEK.001 except, it is running Win10 (full Home version)

It works - I do not know, how expensive it would be in the states. It is the cheapest thing, I have seen in Denmark.

How have been your experience to set everything in an 8" screen? Can you select exactly what you want, I mean...the knobs, select the proper amp in the list...etc?

It's hit and miss for sure - I have large manly hands, and I do have trouble hitting the right spots. In the video, you can even see me struggling to find the preset.
I will experiment with using a pen to touch rather than my fat fingers :)

@DavidE , @mesaboog , or anyone else that has tried this.....now that you've run it for a few weeks, how do you like the Windows tablet Ax8Edit experience?

I'm thinking seriously about pulling the trigger.....

@DavidE , @mesaboog , or anyone else that has tried this.....now that you've run it for a few weeks, how do you like the Windows tablet Ax8Edit experience?

I'm thinking seriously about pulling the trigger.....
It's been flawless for me so far. A little slow to charge...but battery life is good. Track pad on keyboard is a little clunky, but ok once you get used to it. I don't think you can beat it for the price.

In looking at Win 10 tablets for running AX8-Edit and Fractal-Bot, I read a review that said on a 32GB tablet, the operating system takes up practically the entire 32GBs. Have any of you run into any problems with available drive space for storing and running programs?

I tried a different one - This is a true tablet, and it is 8" so it is really small. It also requires an OTG cable (on the go USB), so I was not sure, if it would work or not. The tablet is this one http://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/NT.L7GEK.001 except, it is running Win10 (full Home version)

It works - I do not know, how expensive it would be in the states. It is the cheapest thing, I have seen in Denmark.

I actually tried this at band practice the other week. I forgot to charge my iPad, so I could not change presets with SetListMaker, so I used the tablet instead. I also made a few small tweaks to a few presets. It's not as comfortable as sitting at my computer at home with a mouse and large screen, but it works. I have recently bought some stylus pens for use with tablets (mainly my iPad), I hope that will make tablet editing even easier.

Back
Top Bottom