It is

shep

Inspired
here!!! - and it is everything I've hoped it would be. Sounds great (and different, going from my '86 Charvel Model 6 to my Jem). So glad I decided to jump.
I have one question as far as editing is concerned... I tweaked, decided I wasn't happy, wanted to get back to the original patch - out of edit mode. I've read the manual 2x before I got this. I know I've missed something in there. I can't 'back out' with the exit button. I tried recall - I can get it to recall any patch, but - it stays in recall and I can't get it back out of it - not even power cycling it. Please advise. Thank you Cliff. I'm floored. - Shep

BTW - version is 10.1 if it matters.

shep said:
here!!! - and it is everything I've hoped it would be. Sounds great (and different, going from my '86 Charvel Model 6 to my Jem). So glad I decided to jump.
I have one question as far as editing is concerned... I tweaked, decided I wasn't happy, wanted to get back to the original patch - out of edit mode. I've read the manual 2x before I got this. I know I've missed something in there. I can't 'back out' with the exit button. I tried recall - I can get it to recall any patch, but - it stays in recall and I can't get it back out of it - not even power cycling it. Please advise. Thank you Cliff. I'm floored. - Shep

BTW - version is 10.1 if it matters.

email them here:
support@fractalaudio.com

Which buttons are you pressing at the recall screen? From your post it's not clear if you're just pressing exit (which does nothing at the recall screen) or others like layout, global, etc. which should display the associated screens. Recall is what it goes to after powering up or receiving a program change or preset data, so if you're not tweaking it's normal to be on that all the time.

Thanks much for the replies. I can get back to all the ecit screens from recall, so I guess this is just the way it works?
The fact that recall is the 'default' view after entering edit mode isn't mentioned in the manual IIRC. That helps, but it wasn't in recall mode the 1st time I fired it up. I pressed recall only in hopes I could get back to square 1. It just doesn't look the same as when I 1st fired it up - I was/am confused by that. I've had tons of midi programmable gear, this being singular in this way of preset navigation.

Yeah recall is kinda weird, cause it seves 2 functions I suppose, the main menu (where the patch number is shown) and recalling of effects to put in the current preset.

If you are editing and you didn't like your edits, just change to another preset and back with the dialing wheel.

There are 2 pages on the recall screen. If you hit Recall and then page left, you should be on the "Home" screen, which is what you saw when you fired up your unit. The 2nd page of the Recall screen is where you can import effects from another patch into your current one.

In either case, if you hit "layout", that will take you to the matrix. Use the navigation buttons to choose a block, then hit edit and it should take you to all the parameters. Hitting Recall doesn't change anything about the patch, it simply takes you to that "home" screen. If you turn the dial on that screen, it'll go to the next patch.

Back
Top Bottom